• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Used Heads...

Collin

Reaction score
ok guys, i posted this and no response. I guess what I am trying to find out is here are these 906 heads that you guys recommended to me. What questions should I ask to find out if they are ok. He replaced the seats, and springs etc. What should I ask or what should I really look out for......just want any input on if 200 is ok to spend on these heads.

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
Are these local to you?

Does he have the papers for the work?

Those look to have been ran so how much run time?

It would be nice to see the installed height. If it is local you can get a check for not much money and take off some springs. Compare the numbers and see if they are even. There should be some specs out there that those numbers should fall in or the valve job is junk.

It is OBO I noticed so...

It used to be 500 for a set of 906 heads that had been refurbished. That was back around '03 or '03, the last time I looked at any.

If you could lay hands on them and check them out I think under 200 would be a great deal if you needs some new heads.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't buy used engine parts with the intention of running them "as-is". Some people do - I don't. I'm too anal about my engine builds. I want to know exactly when and what was done to them...heads, rods, crank...whatever it may be. I also answered your other thread on this very same subject - no need to double post - sometimes it just takes a little while to get an answer on here - there's only about a dozen or so of us that really actively post so this isn't exactly a drive-through... :lol:

For me this would be a no-go because the first thing that I'd do would be to go through them and put what I want into them - and I can do that with a $50 pair scored at the swap meet. But that's just my :cents:

:jester:
ACME

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
I don't buy used engine parts with the intention of running them "as-is". Some people do - I don't. I'm too anal about my engine builds. I want to know exactly when and what was done to them...heads, rods, crank...whatever it may be. I also answered your other thread on this very same subject - no need to double post - sometimes it just takes a little while to get an answer on here - there's only about a dozen or so of us that really actively post so this isn't exactly a drive-through... :lol:

For me this would be a no-go because the first thing that I'd do would be to go through them and put what I want into them - and I can do that with a $50 pair scored at the swap meet. But that's just my :cents:

:jester:
ACME
I agree......

mcmopar

Reaction score
Seems a bit too much to me. Let me see if I can find some for you. I have a good source.

Collin

Reaction score
Thanks guys....sorry about the re-post just got excited about seein mopar parts that i needed for sale...

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Collin said:
Thanks guys....sorry about the re-post just got excited about seein mopar parts that i needed for sale...
Don't worry about it......sometimes I double post just to keep my numbers up......... :lol:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
Collin said:
Don't worry about it......sometimes I double post just to keep my numbers up......... :lol:
SOMETIMES? :devil:

Back