• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newbie! some pics of my car...

nutso

Reaction score
hello-

i posted over in the 'welcome' thread but i figured i'd post some pics of my car. it is actually a bit nicer now, but i need to take some newer pics of it. it is a work in progress and i am going for a mildly custom look...i guess they call it day 2. i am not one for labels but i am planning on putting on some polished ansen sprints (i need to polish them), pistol grip (uh oh! 70 only!!!) shifter, moon 'foot' petals, and some cool race stickers in the window. it already has subframe connectors, a driveshaft loop, and i had to replace the fuel lines, fuel tank, sending unit and wiring because it had been used as a drag car. i have a freshly rebuilt 440 with an A833OD, 4:10 rear gearset, drums (new) all around, an edelbrock performer intake, holley 4bbl carb, headers, mini starter, superstock springs, front & rear anti-swaybars, and no interior other than seats. :D i am always looking for parts (as is everyone) but it is drivable now which is pretty exciting. my friend and mechanic thinks the engine is a stroker or something because it has so much torque...he wants to start taking it apart! i am happy to have a powerful mystery engine (it came with the car). anyway, here are some pics.

2737726646_5e5637120f.png

2737721302_503446a52a.png

2734809254_fc3f533b3f.png

2736883353_48cf6277ff.png

check out the sweet wiring job!...all fixed now. thanks to my friend larry! he is a magician.

2737722146_efd3a158c9.png

2736886579_8a5362632c.png

she needs some work, but i'm looking forward to taking her out for a few cruises!

mcmopar

Reaction score
Congrats on putting her back together. Another bird saved from a perilous fate. It looks like a solid project car. Keep up the good work.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
very nice! I had a Pistol Grip in my other runner, and I need to get another one. I'm a Day Two guy myself. That's the way I remember these cars.
Is that your Imperial behing your bird?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Nutso. Is this one you just picked up? It seem you were doing alot of shopping on moparts, just wondering if this is the result. Nice looking bird! :thumbsup:

nutso

Reaction score
thanks guys! i did purchase it recently (6 months ago) and i am going up to take a few more pics this week. i still need all kinds of dinky stuff like headliner bows...why would you ever remove them? you know? they can't weight THAT much!!

very nice! I had a Pistol Grip in my other runner, and I need to get another one. I'm a Day Two guy myself. That's the way I remember these cars.
Is that your Imperial behing your bird?

that shot was taken behind my friend's auto repair shop...he specialized in older cars. that poor imperial is a REALLY nice car, straight, no dents, that has been sitting back there for months getting moldy and damp. it is a real shame.

droptop

Reaction score
Nice looking car. Is that a red interior? I see hints of red in the pictures. If so, black and red is a very good color combination that was very rarely used. .........Welcome

nutso

Reaction score
Nice looking car. Is that a red interior? I see hints of red in the pictures. If so, black and red is a very good color combination that was very rarely used.

actually it is currently black with a maroon velour custom 90s interior. it was R4 red/orange with a black interior from the factory. someday i might repaint it but for now i like the black!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
slap on a set of Cragar SS and it'd be perfect!

nutso

Reaction score
actually, i am putting ansen sprints on it...also known as lowly van slot mags!

3294278854_db765e1b64_o.jpg

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
slots look great on road runners, and you don't see them too much. wouldn't mind having another set myself. I had a set on all of my cars in the '80s.

nutso

Reaction score
i have 15x8s for the back and 14x7 for the front. it has a nasty rake to it.

Back