• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

nice video

droptop

Reaction score
wannarunner said:
what is a bottom-feeder steering wheel?.....sorry for the lame ???????

standard equipment.... not the opitional horn ring, or wood grain wheels. also known as the taxi cab wheel

wannarunner

Reaction score
droptop said:
wannarunner said:
what is a bottom-feeder steering wheel?.....sorry for the lame ???????

standard equipment.... not the opitional horn ring, or wood grain wheels. also known as the taxi cab wheel

Thanks!

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
so what's your car's name Big?

Dunno... I haven't wore the seats out yet.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Big John said:
mac said:
[quote="Big John":1pvkur54]
Its a little known fact, but all A-12's were given a name when they left the factory. Everyday someone else on the line was chosen to name the each car. That name was inscribed on the driver's seat frame and for the most part, never known to any driver except those that drove the car until they not only wore the seat upholstery down, but the foam padding as well.

The cars were usually named for the guy's wife or kids... sometimes their Mom, but it was always a female name that meant something special to them. In this case, the guy that was chosen that day spent a lot of time at a local club where he had fallen in love with the "entertainment".

This was completely unknown to A-12 restoration experts and was only recently revealed in a thread at the A-12 forum.

:toetap: alright i'll ask.............is that really true!! :popcorn:

Of course it is.
:leave:[/quote:1pvkur54]

OH, this good, Big John! You've got a couple of different dynamics going on here... :thumbsup:

Mac, my wife named the car Bambi because she thought this was a good name for a "stripper".

As for the name being assigned at the factory and subsequently etched on the seat frame that was a nice, creative touch courtesy of our own Big John. I had posted pictures of the completely destroyed front seat (the car is from Texas and the interior got cooked!) previously so he just did a nice job of ad-libbing and melding the two stories together... Funny stuff!
:jester:
Ray

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Now, your story makes sence. :huh: So are you saying that Big John is playing games with us? :eek: OR, is it you, that's playing with us? :toetap: I don't know who to believe now!!!!! :crazy:

Blown R/T

Reaction score
nice video. the black car belongs to a buddy of mine. it was my cousins car. it is for sale. it is super nics. it is a 1969 sattalite, yes a clone! you could not tell with out looking very close. Ed did a fantastic job on this car. I helped with some parts.
Kevin

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
"In Big We Trust"

Well, I'll just tell you that as it relates to THIS THREAD, you're probably going to be a little unhappy if you purchase any ocean-front property in Arizona or a nice little bridge in NY from him...'cause he's yanking your 'nads...

:D
Ray

mac

What ?
Reaction score
now what do i do?? i have my seat out and half tore apart :brickwall: :jester:

<---------her name is Candy!

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
mac said:

Etch "Candy" into the seat frame real quick...no one will ever know the difference... :lol:

Who is that chick in your avatar anyway? Personal friend...??? :jester:

Big John

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
mac said:

Etch "Candy" into the seat frame real quick...no one will ever know the difference... :lol:

Well... I don't know about that... You have to match the font exactly and get the right depth and angle on the frame.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Big John said:
[quote="ACME A12":1vwfnv26]
mac said:

Well... I don't know about that... You have to match the font exactly and get the right depth and angle on the frame.[/quote:1vwfnv26]

Then maybe you should move this thread to the "Reference Section".... :lmao:

mac

What ?
Reaction score
i am going to change my avatar from candy to boom boom. :eek: hope i don't get in trouble for this. :leave:

Big John

Reaction score
Just wait until the Admin sees that! :jester:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Is this still a car site, or is it a, who can change their avitar to the weirdest kind, site? :huh:

Back