• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

no power anywhere

roadrr

Reaction score
sorry if this gets long winded.
I put in my new dakota digital dash in my 69 roadrunner, while looking for a constant 12v and switch on 12v i found out i have no power to the inside of the car, actually only power i have is from the battery to through the starter relay into the bulkhead, (engine side) nothing to the coil or anything else. any ideas where to start? i have a wiring diagram to reference tomorrow, just looking for ideas where to start? ran great prior.
so if it ain`t broke don`t mess with it right!! but i did.
ps. only factory wires i eliminated per dakota digital instructions were turn signal wires, fuel sending wire, tac, and cut and sealed the ampmeter wires

Rumrunner

Reaction score
I had an issue like that. It was running great, one morning my grandson wanted to hear the horn, again, pushed the horn, nothing, checked the stereo, nothing, nothing electrical on the car was working. Started checking connections and finally, a bulkhead connector was the slightest bit loose, pressed it in firmly, all is good.
I had previously checked the same connection and on the re-check I got it.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
It might be worth pulling the bulkhead connectors off and cleaning all those connections best you can. I'd also apply diaelectric grease on all connectors and make sure they are comlpetly seated when putting them back together. This most likely won't solve the problem but since those connectors carry the power from the interior to engine compartment it can't hurt.

Russ Hood

Reaction score
Mine is the same. It's either on the bulkhead or the shifter (nuetral safety switch) on the column I believe. I have a new engine wiring harness from year one. I purchased a bulkhead too but it doesn't look like the original one on the car. I just haven't had time to get to it.

Back