• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Noob on 69RR.net

bighook

Reaction score
Hello,

This is probably going to sound stupid but I registered today to facilitate a second print run of the 66RR.net tees (or continue where gentleman Bob Fuller left off :thumbsup: ).

I should have joined around the first time I ran these tees last year. I don't have serious expertise in the late 60's Plymouth B's so I don't have much to add to the wealth of knowledge that exists on this forum but it's a great resource for learning more about the peerless RoadRunner. However, since the dad brought home our first Plymouth, a Fury in 1968, It's been all Chrysler since then, with many Plymouths, Dodges and Chryslers gracing our garage over the past 40 years.

I suppose my expertise leans toward the A-Bodies, specifically small block Dusters and Darts. I've owned several over the past 30 years. The garage is home to a FY1 70 Duster 340 4 speed that I've owned for the past 23 years. It's currently in a middle state of careful disassembly for a proper restoration, the journey of which began 3 years ago when I finally trailered it home out of long term storage. I'd like to say things are rolling along nicely however, as we all know when we dive into these works of art - time, money and the ubiquitous "life" itself truly dictate progress. Read slow. No worries though. It'll be better than new when finished and you can bet I'm going drive the wheels off it!

Tee wise, exhibit "A" being the 69RR.net art that graces the main page of this forum, my day craft is in graphic design, corporate identity and all that jazz, but love to illustrate the Mopars in my spare time. :cheers:

Tim

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, Tim!

Thanks for all of your assistance with the T-Shirts. They look great! :cheers:

I too am an A-Body guy. The first MoPar I ever owned was a FE5 '70 Duster 340 that I bought as a teenager in Okinawa, Japan in 1978 while my dad was stationed there. Still have it. Have two other '70's, one is a B5 340/727 (disassembled) and the other is a F4 leaning tower of power. Also have a '74 upgraded to a 340 from a leaning tower of power. Wife's car is a Stroker SB '70 Swinger. A-Bodies are great because it doesn't take much to make them scream... :D

Stick around; we'll teach ya all about our beloved Road Runners... :cool:

:jester:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
It seems you found our hide out Tim, Welcome aboard from the surface of the sun :D

mcmopar

Reaction score
Welcome Tim! Looking forward to getting my t-shirts this time around. Last time I was out of work and couldn't spare the $$$. :thumbsup:

bighook

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Welcome aboard, Tim!:
I too am an A-Body guy. The first MoPar I ever owned was a FE5 '70 Duster 340 that I bought as a teenager in Okinawa, Japan in 1978 while my dad was stationed there. Still have it. Have two other '70's, one is a B5 340/727 (disassembled) and the other is a F4 leaning tower of power. Also have a '74 upgraded to a 340 from a leaning tower of power. Wife's car is a Stroker SB '70 Swinger. A-Bodies are great because it doesn't take much to make them scream... :D :jester:

Your A's sound sweet ACME A12. :thumbsup: 340's are indeed a blast to drive. I've owned a couple of slanty Dusters as well. Hec, I appreciate them all regardless of motor.

Thanks for the many swell welcomes to the forum. :cheers:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Welcome to the bird's nest Tim. I'm lookin forward to my second set of shirts. And like Ray, I also like the A bodies. That started with a '65 Valiant with a 170 tower of power in it. My parents bought that for me to go to college in '71. My own first car was a '74 Duster, 318, 4-speed. In the early 90's I found a nice '67 Valiant with a 225 and I now have a '64, and '65 Formula "S" Barracudas. So yeah, I have a thing for the too!

moparchris

Reaction score
Welcome Tim, I am pockin my RR.net Tee today as a matter of fact. I too have a few A bodies, a 68 Dart, 70 Swinger, and a 74 Duster. The boys on here are good friends, except Stuie :acme: but I digress, make yourself at home. :banana:

moparstuart

Reaction score
moparchris said:
Welcome Tim, I am pockin my RR.net Tee today as a matter of fact. I too have a few A bodies, a 68 Dart, 70 Swinger, and a 74 Duster. The boys on here are good friends, except Stuie :acme: but I digress, make yourself at home. :banana:
:wedgie: :wedgie: :wedgie: :wedgie: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
moparstuart said:
moparchris said:
:wedgie: :wedgie: :wedgie: :wedgie: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap:
:D

Back