• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Noob to MOPAR

razor4432

Reaction score
I love my Mustang but sadly this car HAS actually stolen the show!

Probably said it a few times but my disbelief still has me feeling this ins't real, but my ultimate dream "muscle car" was a '70 Fastback mustang with a 429 Cammer in it, not a '69 Roadrunner with a souped up 440 that'll stick the rubber to the ground and f'in move! Our Uncle knew what he wanted and damn sure built it, even with a non-posi rearend my brother still expected with the hp/tq he'd just light up a wheel and see her spin, NOPE! She squeals then hooks up and GOES! I'm gonna experience this tomorrow/today in my solo voyage (wish me well LOL).

I mean I'be been hastled by some of the diesel pickups trying to impress their chick for the night but sorry, I'm not down. If they try and "roll coal" on my I get the feel and instantly "nope out" and i'm gone (benefits of a great suspension setup) but someone tries to roll coal on my Roadchicken, I'm breakin legs.

Will say on our drive tonight, what I would've expected to be your typical diesel smoke throwin F250/F350 gave me more than enough room and I salute that. I'd like to see his reaction knowing I'm the same guy who drives the "slammed" '07 bright blue Mustang GT whose ass he's ridden damn near feet off my bumper several times :thumbsup2:

Last edited:

razor4432

Reaction score
Since the "Edit" button bugged out I'll say, repsect is a 2 way street. Respect MY ride, I'll respect yours. Enough said, just because you get your jollies off blowing clouds of soot all over a ride soemone spent hours upon hours detailing to meticulous levels because of love...don't think it makes you cool. How cool will you look gettin wasted by a '69 Roadrunner that has more money put into body work than your truck is worth and runs on love and seeing a "In Memory of" sticker in the rear window after you tried to "roll coal" on me ;) Just hope you never pump gas next to me, that'll be really f'in awkard for you :D

razor4432

Reaction score
I was going to and wanted to take her out solo today but that didn't happen as our lawn was in desparate need of cutting (4 acres is more than an hour job) and Amazon showed up with our Meguiar's detailing spray and after the lawn was done set to getting our baby cleaned up (and damn was it worth it).

I do have a question regarding the 6-pack/6-BBL setup, will it fit our hood or will we have to go with the elongated hood scoop hood that most seem to have in the pictures I've seen on google? And is that hood also accommodating for blowers? Want to finish off what my Uncle intended for this car regardless of how much more it scares me :p Yes, it is intimidating driving a car with 100hp/180tq more than I'm used to let alone it being priceless IN MY EYES, but I want to finish up what my Uncle wanted and be it a blower/6-pack setup it's getting done :)

Last edited:

JoeMish

Reaction score
What you have there is a 68 with a 69 grill, pretty common since they don't make new 68 grills. Or you have a 69 bird with 68 fenders and quarter panels, unlikely but the side markers are the give away. Nice looking bird!!
What you probably have is a '69 with '68 side markers added. the side markers are in the wrong place, they should be level with the front bumper not high up on the fender where they are.

Big Mo

Reaction score
I'll introduce myself by saying I'm gettin my Uncle's 69 Roadrunner as a surprise after finding out he has terminal cancer and wanted my brother and I to have the car. He knows we'll take care of her as he did. I'm just looking to get advice on stuff we should look for since it's probably at the earliest a 12 year-old frame off rotisserie restoration (my uncle held back no expense on this car) and it was his baby. Powerplant is a 440 and a TCI Street Fighter transmission (type uknown until we can get a serial # when we have the car in possession) and rear end brand unknown aside from my Uncle thinking it's a 3.77 gear ratio non-posi rearend. Personally none of those specs matter, as it's staying how he built it to fit his goal. This car I'm more or less looking for mechanical points to be mindful of in the years I own this car. It's never going to be for sale and I told him this, and any sort of modifications done to it will be what he would ahve done. Last Thanksgiving he was debating between a 6-pack option or a blower and passed on the blower because it was nothing more than a huge ass paper weight. Whether he went with the 6-pack is unknown to me, I'll find out hopefully mid next week when the car arrives. All I can say is life really deals you some weird hands, I'm beside myself knowing I'm getting a car as badass as this, but it destroys me knowing I'm losing someone I loved for decades.
Sorry to hear about your Uncle but you will think of him every time you look at the car an that is what these cars are all about ( memories ) Welcome from Big Mo.

razor4432

Reaction score
Mom gave me sad new today before I went to work, my Uncle passed away last night :( Glad to know his suffering is gone tho and he'll be reunited with Grandpa and Grandma in the lake we all loved :) He'll always be riding along when I take the Roadchicken out tho, noticed he left some cig butts in the ash tray for us xD I didn't tell my brother bout those but they can stay...this ain't our car anyways :)

Thanks Big Mo, been doing a lot of remeniscing and beer drinking with the car this evening. Such a f'ed up way to get a bomb ass car, but my Uncle will be riding along every time she hits the road now <3 It eased my brother's and my soul a bit to hear he was heavy footed on her too, I mean why else would you build up a car this way if you didn't intend to give her a thrashing now and then LOL! That pull at 3k RPM's is just simply...spectacular :)

Last edited:
Back