• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not a road runner but a good find

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Well it’s a 440 automatic with buckets , not sure about the rear end . The car is rough but it’s all there. So far I’ve offered him $2000 no word back. It has always been a southern car so the exterior damage is from neglect not salt . Lol
That sound's like a decent offer. You don't know if the motor is free or froze up. It would be a same to see it just sit their and waste away. Heck the scrap yard would not even give that for it. Wish you luck.

moparchris

Reaction score
2k?! That’s insulting. You can’t buy the tags in an envelope for that. This is why the cars continue to sit and rot. People bug these guys to sell them, then cut them off at the knees with a low ball offer. That car is 10k all day long wholesale.

1968 man

Reaction score
I stated we were negotiating , you have to start somewhere , the car needs a lot of work. It is no where close to a 10 thousand dollar car. Originally it was a 318 car and he put the 440 in it with out changing the k member so you know what that looks like under the hood. If you paid 10,000 for the car and put 25,000 in it restoring it that’s 35,000 total invested for a 20,000 dollar car. I’ll pass no thank you .

Last edited:

droptop

Reaction score
I’ll have to agree with Chris on this one. Second generation Chargers are at an all time high in value right now. Your estimate of a 20k finished car is far less than half of what they are selling for these days. And the 318 and 440 should use the same k frame. What kind of issues were created with the big block engine swap?

1968 man

Reaction score
Didn’t realize the market was that good on the second gen . Chargers right now. My bad maybe I’ll drop by and see the guy next week and see if he has given any thought of selling. It is in my opinion the best looking year of the second gen. But I am partial to 68 Mopars.

1968 man

Reaction score
Picked these two cars up for 500.00 each and didn’t insult anyone or beat them in the knees ,she gave me the price she wanted and the cash was handed over 69 super bee and a 70 road runner ATTACH=full]33054[/ATTACH]B081893A-4CF9-4B90-ADE6-1E57E2263698.png B081893A-4CF9-4B90-ADE6-1E57E2263698.pngFAE91FBC-E13F-4769-9E36-C6C4138E4188.png 18A77348-AD30-488B-B243-E7011CA32E97.pngD3C7EEA0-0AFF-4C39-BD96-203439B3B57C.png 9FD83E45-1F16-438B-9265-71C6F8293C3E.png

31A9D672-D2FA-4222-B441-F723EFB9461A.jpeg

Last edited:

roadrunninMark

Reaction score
Depending on the condition of the frame rails and other structural metal condition, I would guess that car is worth 3-5k in todays market. I sold a 69 charger, 318 auto, mostly there (no front seats, some trim missing, but grille was pretty good shape and I think original engine and trans in it), a large amount of rust and 1 frame rail shot, a little over 4k, with extra good trunk lid. These cars are in high demand.

You got an awesome deal on the bee and road runner!

1968 man

Reaction score
Thanks Mark , there is still some deals out there you just have to be in the right place at the right time . The Lady I bought them from had the road runner on a site called Let Go and when I arrived to look at the road runner she said she also had a charger she wanted to get rid of. Turned out it was the super bee instead. The 500 00 each was her price and I was not going to pass on that deal of a life time for sure. Cars around here just don’t bring the big bucks like other states. Lucky for us Lol.

moparchris

Reaction score
Those two cars were a gift. In all due respect I just sold a charger that needed everything for 20k. Quarters, trunk floor, interior floors, tail panel, rear valence, Dutchman etc. Second generation Chargers are going for big money. 10k would be a good deal. No project car is worth the money you put into it. Even if your labor is free. We do these cars for the love of it not to make a profit. If you want to possibly make a profit then buy a done one. There is a 383 2 barrel car for sale near me that’s nice but far from perfect. It just sold for 55k.

moparchris

Reaction score
I stated we were negotiating , you have to start somewhere , the car needs a lot of work. It is no where close to a 10 thousand dollar car. Originally it was a 318 car and he put the 440 in it with out changing the k member so you know what that looks like under the hood. If you paid 10,000 for the car and put 25,000 in it restoring it that’s 35,000 total invested for a 20,000 dollar car. I’ll pass no thank you .

I would have kindly told you to leave and don’t come back, maybe not so kindly.

dmartin

Reaction score
Well does it run or turn over if it does and he doesn’t accept the two grand up it to three or four but I would not go up any more

1968 man

Reaction score
I’m going to be in his area Saturday and plan to stop by and see if he gave it any thought. I am prepared to up the offer. Other than it being a 68 charger it’s not a high end car, not #s matching or special order so I don’t want to go to crazy. But I agree 3or4 still would be a good deal.

RKNRLR

Reaction score
you guys are way lucky. 2nd gen chargers over my way cant be found for less than $100k. And there sure as hell aint no $500 project cars sitting in anyones barn. Guys want $20k for a rusty shell of a 6 banger with no nothin in it. consider yourselves lucky.

RKNRLR

Reaction score
and If i could find any 60's mopar for $500, I would have 10 in my backyard. was looking at a 68 fury III recently, complete running 318 4-door, guy wanted $9500. I thought it wasnt a bad deal, but Im sure that such examples are much more plentiful stateside, and hence much cheaper

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
and If i could find any 60's mopar for $500, I would have 10 in my backyard. was looking at a 68 fury III recently, complete running 318 4-door, guy wanted $9500. I thought it wasnt a bad deal, but Im sure that such examples are much more plentiful stateside, and hence much cheaper
Say, Sharky. These cars are not as easy to find over here either. If you find one, they want a small fortune for them also. Charges like 69 are rare to find. 69 roadrunners are far and in between also. When we had that big metal run in the states lot of these cars went to the crushers. I looked for two years to find my car. To say the least it was in rough shape. But was a four-speed car. With 383. To find a 426 was harder to find. If you did, they wanted a bundle for it. Wish you luck on your new project whatever it maybe. :beep:

RKNRLR

Reaction score
Say, Sharky. These cars are not as easy to find over here either. If you find one, they want a small fortune for them also. Charges like 69 are rare to find. 69 roadrunners are far and in between also. When we had that big metal run in the states lot of these cars went to the crushers. I looked for two years to find my car. To say the least it was in rough shape. But was a four-speed car. With 383. To find a 426 was harder to find. If you did, they wanted a bundle for it. Wish you luck on your new project whatever it maybe. :beep:
I hear you Russ, i hear you. We didnt get any big block cars out this way, so thats already like finding a needle in a haystack. Its not uncommon for guys here to buy rusty shells of XY and XW sedans for $20k.
I saw a rolling RR shell for sale while I was looking for a house (always great timing ey?) for $12k. No motor, no trans, no interior. I thought it was a stinging deal, but only because I know Im never going to find another, and Ive got a whole heap of parts in the shed that wont cost me a cent. Unfortunately responsibilities won out that day and I didnt buy it, but Im always keeping an eye out, hoping whoever bought it gave up on the project.

MoparDan

Reaction score
Thanks Mark , there is still some deals out there you just have to be in the right place at the right time . The Lady I bought them from had the road runner on a site called Let Go and when I arrived to look at the road runner she said she also had a charger she wanted to get rid of. Turned out it was the super bee instead. The 500 00 each was her price and I was not going to pass on that deal of a life time for sure. Cars around here just don’t bring the big bucks like other states. Lucky for us Lol.
I wouldn't put any credence in what MoparChris has to say. This isn't the left coast, we tend to be a little more sane here. Make the best deal you can.

Back