• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not an RM but coronet

dutchrunner

Reaction score
Sorry , it's not an Roadrunner but 1968 Coronet Dick Landy Tribute .
452cui 8bbl 833 V-gate shifter 8 3/4 with 3.55.

First start-up and smoking the heatwraps on TTI's .
He has 7 weeks to complete the car and than we will drive from Rotterdam to Hemiswill Switserland for Swiss Mopar Nationals , is 2000km roadtrip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsrijqN9hMs

dutchrunner

Reaction score
Thanks George .

Is't from a friend . The 68 coronet R/T that Mike Landy raced was damaged beyond repair during transport of charger and coronet between 2 race events.
The Charger was fixed but the coronet not.
That's why there are only a few photos of the 68.
So is was hard to get all the detail right.

dutchrunner

Reaction score
Thanks 69hemibeep and roadcuda , but remember it's not mine.

Will post new movie when testdrive is done.
Also I need to make movie of mine.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
dutchrunner said:
Thanks 69hemibeep and roadcuda , but remember it's not mine.

Will post new movie when testdrive is done.
Also I need to make movie of mine.
I would like to see more of your car, as I remember the original go across the block at Barrett Jackson shortly before you started the project :cheers: It was yours that is the clone of the race car right :D

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
that's gonna be sweet! there's a guy on moparts that has a '69 Sox & Martin road runner, and his buddy has a '68 Landy Coronet (both tributes) wonder just how bad the original Landy car was hurt. what wasn't considered fixable, or worth bothering with would/could probably be taken care of today, if for no other reason because it's a Landy car.

dutchrunner

Reaction score
When I did my resto I wanted to make it a S&M clone .
The guy where I was working on my car said it was not a good idea.
He said : "You can never sell a car like that".

Boy , am I sorry I never did that .
But the Ted Struse is nice alternative.

alleyoop4

Reaction score
Hey guys I was searching for Landy 1968 Coronet and came acroos this thread. I am curious about the comment that the 68 Coronet was destroyed - perhaps it was the 1969 that was destroyed. I have pretty clear evidence of the 1968 Coronet that Mike Landy campaigned being turned in to and re-sold by White Bear Dodge in White Bear Lake MN as I have a copy of a newspaper ad listing this car for sale as well as the 1967 Landy Coronet. The guy that ended up with the 1967 gave me the ad at the Mopar Show in Farmington MN last year. I also have strong evidence that my Dad (who has passed away) ended up with the car as when we stripped away the silver paint White Bear Dodge applied there was the red panel on the side and the blue and red panel on the hood and trunk as well as the white bumblebee stripe around the back. The car was repainted and campaigned in Super Stock around the midwest in the 70's as Alley Oop and sold in the early 80's when he built a Challenger of the same name. I will try to post pics of the ad as well as the repainted car. Thanks.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
welcome ! love to see pics of the Landy cars!

Back