• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

now that's a cowinkeydink.....

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
so I was trolling e bay looking for a set of '72 plates for the Mrs VW. I was looking fo ones with VW,KG, or even her initials. I came across a set, and had her take a look. I said, their's something about these plates I can't put my finger on....

rkb2

Reaction score
That is cool. I would buy just for to have but you probly won't be able to use it because they are both the same. :lock:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
nope, got her plates registered today. same letters and #s, but different years make it OK.

rkb2

Reaction score
Great!, in Michigan when we run the plate we don't put in the year so it wouldn't work. They must have to add the year in Ohio. Thats pretty cool, wonder what the odds of finding those are. :lock:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
never played the lottery. I'm gonna be one of those 90 year old farts that wins the mega millions then kick off :lol:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Same thing they do here, as long as they are different colors you can duplicate the digits :thumbsup:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Great score Dave.. That's gonna confuse people when you go to a show and park together! :jester:

glhcarl

Reaction score
e bay is remarkable. I bought my 69 RR from Redman Plymouth in Lancaster, California, they merged with the local Dodge dealer in about 1980. So about two months ago I found a pair of these on e bay. I had to get them an put the on my current RR.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
glhcarl said:
e bay is remarkable. I bought my 69 RR from Redman Plymouth in Lancaster, California, they merged with the local Dodge dealer in about 1980. So about two months ago I found a pair of these on e bay. I had to get them an put the on my current RR.
Sweet :thumbsup:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
glhcarl said:
Sweet :thumbsup:

X2. That is too cool, Carl.

Your club's big show is coming up in two weeks... :thumbsup:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
glhcarl said:
That's great Carl! :thumbsup: In what section on the 'bay did you find it? If anyone sees one for Viking Motors in Santa Maria, Calif. please let me know!!

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
glhcarl said:
That's great Carl! :thumbsup: In what section on the 'bay did you find it? If anyone sees one for Viking Motors in Santa Maria, Calif. please let me know!!

I brought home an entire box of them when I visited there trying to get your paperwork...didn't I tell you...? Last time that I saw them they were in the back of Andy's orange and camo 'cuda...:lol: :devil: :lol:

:jester:

glhcarl

Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
I can't remember.:huh:

I think I just put in Redman Plymouth?

Back