• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

odd and rare options and eqiupment

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
Anybody got any not often seen options or vintage equipment on their cars, show it off. I'll start with a photo of my N.O.S. oil pressure gauge I believe they were optional on the police/taxi cab Belvederes. Hope to use it someday on something

_oilpressure01.jpg

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, now that is COOL... :thumbsup:

I've got nothing...sorry...can't help...

:jester:
ACME

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
wow, never seen the oil gauge before. wish they had put that in the dash standard instead of a clock(in a musclecar?????) or the blank I've got.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
I saw one in a 2 dr Runner once. The car was a mix and match deal with parts from other cars. I think it even had inner door panels from a mod top car. It was also Q5!

IIRC, I thought at the time it might have had a VIN swap so who knows what the car really was. It was a customer car at a friend's shop so I didn't have any real chance to check the car out.

droptop

Reaction score
That is a rare piece. I saw one at the Nationals this year. I think I would rather have a tach. They go in the same place in the dash.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I've never seen that either, but it would definitly would be different. I've also considered adding a tach.

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
I have been looking at 68 - 70 B Body stuff at carlisle and the nats for almost 20 years, and this was only the second time I have seen the oil pressure gauge! I saw an instrument cluster for a 68 or 69 on ebay within the past year that had one of these. The auction said it was from a cop car. I never saw one in person....

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Big John said:
I saw one in a 2 dr Runner once. quote]

soley out of respect for the Big Kahuna(and complete fear for what might apear above my aviatar) I won't comment on that staetment......

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
Big John said:
I saw one in a 2 dr Runner once. quote]

soley out of respect for the Big Kahuna(and complete fear for what might apear above my aviatar) I won't comment on that staetment......
Dave, like what happened to me, you may have already crossed that line! But since you mentioned it, I wondered about that also.

A12

Reaction score
I have a rear mounted antenna on my A12 road runner but I'm pretty sure it was moved there by a Plymouth dealer back in the day. I know of a couple of other A12 Bee's and RR's that have the antenna on the rear fender and even a copy of a letter from Chrysler Customer Service from June '69 to an original A12 rr owner stating they would look into his complaint of poor radio reception (due to lack of shielding from the fiberglass lift off hood) and then a hand written note stating "They (Chrysler) moved my antenna to the rear fender" dated Flag Day June 14, 1969. You can see the rear mounted antenna here in this back in the day photo of my Y4 Spanish Gold A12 rr along with the GTX trim that's been there since 1971, no history of how the GTX trim got there???? This A12 also has a clock, 8-track, power steering and power brakes, all tinted windows and an original thin double white pinstripe?????? And it was traced back to an original owner that lived in John's backyard of Baldwinsville, NY. That area had quite a few "odd" color and optioned A12 Mopars including John's Q5 A12 :thumbsup:

MikeR

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
A12 said:
I have a rear mounted antenna on my A12 road runner but I'm pretty sure it was moved there by a Plymouth dealer back in the day. I know of a couple of other A12 Bee's and RR's that have the antenna on the rear fender and even a copy of a letter from Chrysler Customer Service from June '69 to an original A12 rr owner stating they would look into his complaint of poor radio reception (due to lack of shielding from the fiberglass lift off hood) and then a hand written note stating "They (Chrysler) moved my antenna to the rear fender" dated Flag Day June 14, 1969.

MikeR

Lining the underside of the LOH with aluminum foil was another solution proposed to the dealers. Mike and Big John already knew this I'm sure - but I thought everyone else might get a kick out of hearing about this.

Ray

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
A12 said:
I have a rear mounted antenna on my A12 road runner but I'm pretty sure it was moved there by a Plymouth dealer back in the day. I know of a couple of other A12 Bee's and RR's that have the antenna on the rear fender and even a copy of a letter from Chrysler Customer Service from June '69 to an original A12 rr owner stating they would look into his complaint of poor radio reception (due to lack of shielding from the fiberglass lift off hood) and then a hand written note stating "They (Chrysler) moved my antenna to the rear fender" dated Flag Day June 14, 1969.

MikeR

Lining the underside of the LOH with aluminum foil was another solution proposed to the dealers. Mike and Big John already knew this I'm sure - but I thought everyone else might get a kick out of hearing about this.

Ray

I line my hats with aluminum foil so I don't hear the voices.... but that's another subject.

There were a few odd optioned cars around here. My theory is some came through NPG in some of their parking lot sales that Chrysler used to do. There was even a story of a Hemi Cuda being rolled on a test drive from there. My A-12 has power nothing, bucket seats, and tint windows. There was an A-12 Bee sold at a local dealership with power windows! It also got a dealership wheel swap with 14" "magnum" wheels instead of the steelies.

A12

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
A12 said:

MikeR

Ray

Ray, lining the underside of the fibre :)wink:) glass hood with aluminum foil :lmao: :lmao: where did you come up with that one?...........Oops sorry Ray I think I know, :jester: those Canadians are a clever lot eh?

MikeR

Back