• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

odd and rare options and eqiupment

A12

Reaction score
Big John said:
[quote="ACME A12":7824lzgo]
A12 said:
I have a rear mounted antenna on my A12 road runner but I'm pretty sure it was moved there by a Plymouth dealer back in the day. I know of a couple of other A12 Bee's and RR's that have the antenna on the rear fender and even a copy of a letter from Chrysler Customer Service from June '69 to an original A12 rr owner stating they would look into his complaint of poor radio reception (due to lack of shielding from the fiberglass lift off hood) and then a hand written note stating "They (Chrysler) moved my antenna to the rear fender" dated Flag Day June 14, 1969.

MikeR

Lining the underside of the LOH with aluminum foil was another solution proposed to the dealers. Mike and Big John already knew this I'm sure - but I thought everyone else might get a kick out of hearing about this.

Ray

I line my hats with aluminum foil so I don't hear the voices.... but that's another subject.

[/quote:7824lzgo]

John, how come you never posted a photo of you and the hat?..........here, I'll do it for you :lmao: :lmao:

MikeR

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
Big John said:
That's me!

big john has the other optional antenna....instead of mounting it on the fenders he wears it :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

now that is some really rare stuff

jays69bird

Reaction score
Thats cool,when I worked on the cop package grad Fury's in the late 80s,they just had a little aftermarket gauge in the dash from the factory,obviously in the older cars Chrysler took the time to add a factory gauge.

Back