• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Office Space

mcmopar

Reaction score
As I mentioned in an earlier post in another thread - here is my office space as donated for the time being by a previous employer. I wanted to get a shot from outside but my batteries (which came with the camera) are now dead! Short-lived pukes. Anyway, I hope you enjoy.
[attachment=1:xjkj8wg6]GEDC0019.JPG[/attachment:xjkj8wg6]
[attachment=0:xjkj8wg6]GEDC0020.JPG[/attachment:xjkj8wg6]

GEDC0019.JPG

GEDC0020.JPG

mcmopar

Reaction score
2 more:
[attachment=1:2sxp2kwu]GEDC0021.JPG[/attachment:2sxp2kwu]
[attachment=0:2sxp2kwu]GEDC0022.JPG[/attachment:2sxp2kwu]

GEDC0021.JPG

GEDC0022.JPG

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Looks like you have a lot of room for all that equipment there John! I like the view on those two screens!!!! :thumbsup:

V269

Reaction score
Nice set up. Sweet looking Browning gun safe too. :thumbsup: All you need now is a hot secretary.

For the memo's I mean. :D

mcmopar

Reaction score
Thanks guys, the safe is the ex-boss's. No guns in it as far as I know, just paperwork and such since it is highly fire resistant. I thought you might like to see the website up on the 2 screens there. You would never know that this was once an old run down, spider infested garage now would you? 400 s.f. of space in here.
The two machines up against the wall in the 3rd pic are a wide format monochrome scanner (on the right) and a large format printer (on the left) that will do 8 prints a minute of 36" wide x 24" tall sheets. It needs a service call to clean it up inside a bit and it is expensive to work on! Maybe later on this year.
The last piece of equipment I need to move in is my large format (42" wide paper) HP inkjet color plotter for plotting my CAD work. I'm hoping to make the transition to this place full-time this year. We will see....

John69RR

Reaction score
Good luck John. You're definitely making the best use of 400 s.f. Thats a lot of equipment in there.

mcmopar

Reaction score
roadrunnerh said:
What exactly do you do for a living? That's a nice work space, good luck with the transition!
This was my office when I worked for a Land Developer. I was his Civil CAD drafter/designer. We used AutoDesk Civil Design software (a Civil Design package for AutoCAD) for producing our plans. I have another former engineer that may be in the market for a CAD guy if a big project comes through for him. I'm just waiting to hear about it. In the mean time I'm still working full-time at a local meat/produce market here in town. I'm on light duty for the next 3 weeks due to a strained rotator cuff in my right shoulder. Doc says no lifting over 5 lbs for the next 3 weeks. Kind of a drag but it beats having my shoulder aching/throbbing/burning all the time...
For my personal business these days I do some CAD drafting for a surveyor friend of mine. Plus I convert vinyl records (45, LP, 78) and cassette tapes to CD and/or MP3 and VHS/Super 8 tapes to DVD. I'm thinking of buying a very low mileage Super 8 camera from a client. She only used it once. I just picked up 3 more jobs today and might get a 4th. I've got 4 more jobs that I am working on at the moment. It definitely keeps me busy! Having the space to operate is a huge plus. I can go in to work at the market from 5:30 AM to 1:00 PM (when I'm on morning shift) and then get down to the office by 2:00 - 2:30 and spend 4 more hours down there. It is peaceful and I can get a ton of work done when everything is clicking. If I can't work down at the office I use my home office instead. It is a lot smaller so it is not as effective but it has been getting the job done for the time being. Maybe when I get it all cleaned up I'll post some pics of it as well. Right now it looks like a bomb went off in it.

Back