• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oil Cans

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Can openers? They always were at the last place that the beer was consumed.... Screwdriver slots were too small.

The open end of a 3/4 wrench was perfect. The hole was optimum size and you could always find one. It took a smooth and deliberate chopping motion and it cut a nice rectangular hole.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Tried something like that on the old paper cans won't go into what happened next. :lol: The all metal did not have a problem with the side's giving away. :rolleyes: Oh Wagon's probably used whale oil or Dutch man's oil. We need further research????!!!!

Terry Hauck

Choadicus
Reaction score
Yeah R

uss I remember when gas was 90 cents a gallon I’m only 48 but I do remember when coke was 50 cents
Im 58 and the lowest I remember gas is 35 cents and a Coke in a bottle with a empty returned bottle was 10 cents. Man we could live like Kings if we had the money we make now back then.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Im 58 and the lowest I remember gas is 35 cents and a Coke in a bottle with a empty returned bottle was 10 cents. Man we could live like Kings if we had the money we make now back then.
Well, I remember when gas was a bit cheaper then that. And If I knew then the status these cars would eventually attain when I bought my first '69 RR in '72 as my daily driver, I would have kept it around.

dmartin

Reaction score
Yeah man I can’t imagine having all of those muscle cars back in the day and get rid of them cause gas went up to a quarter and then they bought the lame cars like the gremlin, pacer, pinto Toyota’s

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Yeah man I can’t imagine having all of those muscle cars back in the day and get rid of them cause gas went up to a quarter and then they bought the lame cars like the gremlin, pacer, pinto Toyota’s
I think I did better then that, My first new car was a '74 Duster with a 318 and 4 speed. That's another one I wish I kept around.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Those where the day's. But bringing back a dream to life is rewarding also. So all you guy's keep buying and working on these cars help's keep history alive.

Terry Hauck

Choadicus
Reaction score
I had a neighbor that had a Plymouth Twister, remember those. It was yellow with a 318 and auto trans. I had a little black twister decal on the back rear fenders. The timing chain went and they junked it before I found out and could make an offer. Hope someone at the junkyard knew what it was and kept it.

Coyote

Reaction score
Gas prices? Best I ever did was price war $ o.179. When I worked part time second job at Sunoco, 260 was .389 a gallon. I thought I was in real trouble with C body 383 and gas went to .55 a gal. Thats been a day or two ago!

I still use a funnel thats got the can opener in it.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
When I got my license my job on Sunday was to fill the two family cars which gave me the opportunity to drive. The Mobile station we delt with back in the full service days was having a price war with the station across the street so I saw gas at .23 a gallon for awhile in the very late 60s

A12

Reaction score
Wish I had a nickel for every quart I put into a motor. Had that spout you shoved into the can and only one hole was needed. But have also used the can opener. Those where the good old day's. Gas was 28 cent a gallon. Coke was a dime and crackers where a nickel. But working for 50 cent an hour. Man those where the day's.

Wish I had a nickel for every ounce I poured onto the warm or hot exhaust manifold when I didn't use a spout:( :lol:

A12

Reaction score
Sunoco 260 was 33 cents when I had my first bird

Bought my '69 Road Runner new in early Spring of '69, actually ordered it and it took six weeks to get delivered and for how cheap Sunoco 260 was at that time the RR had less than a quarter of a tank when I picked it up from the dealer...............what a cheapskate dealer. It was about 3 miles to the closest Sunoco gas station and I spared no throttle getting there. 3.91 Suregrip and all. I never let any gas station attendant check the oil or even open the hood, EVER, and ALWAYS pumped my own 260. Yeah attendants actually offered to check your oil...........so they could "short stick" you to pour a 1/3 of the quart of oil on your HOT exhaust manifold for you:BangHead: :rofl:

My F5 RR Jo Ann and current F5 001 (2).jpg

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Put a black vinyl top on that and it would look like my first hemi car.

Back