• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oil Pan ??

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
Having trouble finding a 402 pan that's even close to being in good shape So my question is:

If I buy the Milodon (Made in the USA) stock oil pan can I use the oringinal 3/8 pickup or do I need to buy the Milodon pickup :huh:

This is only the second time I used aftermarket pan and the one on the race car is an 8qt pan so I knew I needed there pickup.

Just not sure on the stock one.

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
BEST THING TO DO IS ASK FOR TECH DEPT JEGS/SUMMIT.MANCINI AND ASK THEM IF YOU CAN USE STOCK.....THEY WOULD KNOW......OR GO TO MILODON WEBSITE AND THEY MIGHT ANSWER YOUR QUESTION

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
Just buy a 402 repop.

I tried buying one thru Jamie at Mega parts and he told me they are not handling them anymore do to a very high price increase.

Didn't see anybody else selling them?

Might find one at the Indy show in March.

mcmopar

Reaction score
abodybill said:
Having trouble finding a 402 pan that's even close to being in good shape So my question is:

If I buy the Milodon (Made in the USA) stock oil pan can I use the oringinal 3/8 pickup or do I need to buy the Milodon pickup :huh:

This is only the second time I used aftermarket pan and the one on the race car is an 8qt pan so I knew I needed there pickup.

How soon are you needing one? I'm going to be doing some work on mine sometime in the spring if I can get the time and replacing my stock pan with a 6 qt. Hemi unit.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
abodybill said:
Hoosier Bird said:
Just buy a 402 repop.

I tried buying one thru Jamie at Mega parts and he told me they are not handling them anymore do to a very high price increase.

Didn't see anybody else selling them?

Might find one at the Indy show in March.

I don't think anyone has them anymore. I've read some threads on other sites indicating that this ship has sailed...

A31PKG

Reaction score
http://www.hoffmanswinnerscircle.com/

Hey Bill,
I'm pretty sure Todd Hoffman was the guy re-popping these for all the vendors. I don't see it on his site anymore, but maybe you can contact him and find out what's up. I have one on my car that I bought in '10 (can't remember who I got it from) and it's dead-on. Incidentally, the only pick-up that fit worth a crap was from 440 Source. I tried a couple of "correct" ones from a couple vendors and both had the wrong bends. The 440 Source piece went right in and cleared the windage tray nicely. Just a little teaking was all that was required.

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
mcmopar said:
abodybill said:

How soon are you needing one? I'm going to be doing some work on mine sometime in the spring if I can get the time and replacing my stock pan with a 6 qt. Hemi unit.

I could have used one last Nov. :lol:
Day after The cherrypicker's valve went bad.

I got a big swapmeet in Indy first of March and might be able pickup one there I hope.

Thanks for the offer and if I don't get one I will be knockin on your door :thumbsup:

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
A31PKG said:

Hey Bill,
I'm pretty sure Todd Hoffman was the guy re-popping these for all the vendors. I don't see it on his site anymore, but maybe you can contact him and find out what's up. I have one on my car that I bought in '10 (can't remember who I got it from) and it's dead-on. Incidentally, the only pick-up that fit worth a crap was from 440 Source. I tried a couple of "correct" ones from a couple vendors and both had the wrong bends. The 440 Source piece went right in and cleared the windage tray nicely. Just a little teaking was all that was required.

Craig,
Got an email into Todd now and see what I can come up with maybe he might have one laying around??

Tweaking the pickup is know problem as I have not yet pulled the pan off since it dropped and can bet the pickup is tweaked good :eek: :lol:

Just thankful the pan and maybe the pick is bad as I been rotating it by hand and do not hear anything scrapping or hitting and I quit worring about it. :yesnod:

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
abodybill said:
A31PKG said:

Hey Bill,

Craig,
Got an email into Todd now and see what I can come up with maybe he might have one laying around??

Tweaking the pickup is know problem as I have not yet pulled the pan off since it dropped and can bet the pickup is tweaked good :eek: :lol:

Just thankful the pan and maybe the pick is bad as I been rotating it by hand and do not hear anything scrapping or hitting and I quit worring about it. :yesnod:

Got ahold of Todd Hoffman and he told me that they were going to start back up on the 402 pans but not for at least 120 days or 4 months so I will pass on that.

Todd also gave me some of his venders that may have one or two pans left and I stuckout on all nobodys got any repop 402 pans.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
abodybill said:
I stuckout on all nobodys got any repop 402 pans.

That's what I told you... If ANYONE knew where to root out 402 repops it would be the LOH guys... They're (most of them anyway) all about originality and the Numbers, Numbers, Numbers...

Put a Hemi pan/pick-up on it... :cents:

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
abodybill said:
I stuckout on all nobodys got any repop 402 pans.

That's what I told you... If ANYONE knew where to root out 402 repops it would be the LOH guys... They're (most of them anyway) all about originality and the Numbers, Numbers, Numbers...

Put a Hemi pan/pick-up on it... :cents:

Yea my numbers whent down the tube about 30 years ago :lol: :lol:

That's what I will purchase at the Indy swapmeet in March.

Already got the Milodon #30761 :thumbsup:

Back