• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

oil pressure sending units

Plymouthfan

Reaction score
What grounds these units??? I finally hooked mine up after disconnecting it for a year. Last week I connected the idiot light gray wire and now my oil light stays on while I'm driving the car, but goes out when I come to a stop! Also, when I went to start the car today the battery was too low to start. I suspect it has something to do with the unit and/or wiring. It's a brand new Evans engine wiring harness.

:brickwall:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
It grounds directy to the block. Pressure drops and it completes the circut to ground and lights the light. Sounds like a bad sender.. or by any chance do you have the wrong sender? I wonder if the sendor for a oil guage rather then a light might do that.

Should look like the one in the center.

4.jpg

Plymouthfan

Reaction score
Yes, it's a sender for a gauge! Was wondering if that was possible. I ditched the oil pressure gauge last year when I redid the interior but kept the sender. I'll disconnect it again today and pick up a stock unit.

Back