• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ok I think I am on the right track

generaljmwlee

Reaction score
I think I am on the right track with the car running hot. I flushed the motor,thermostat, new fan clutch , new rad, and put in a temp gauge under the dash. now grant it I only have water in it ,but I had it running in the garage for 20 mins and it got to 170 to 180 degs at the hottest. I have a carb spacer coming to try to keep the carb from soaking up the heat but it seems better already.we will see this fri when it goes to the first cruise night.

new rad 004.jpg

new rad 006.jpg

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
good luck! good idea on the manual gauge. I've seen the factory gauge show really hot when the manual gauge shows right at 180.

V269

Reaction score
Looks like the same rad I bought for my car and the same guages as well. My car never goes much above 170 on the highway and in stop and go traffic in the summer it will go 180-185 but as soon as you start moving again it drops back into the 170's. Is that a 3 row Champion rad? Make sure you use 50/50 distilled water and antifreeze for coolant. Distilled water can be bought at any grocery store. It won't cause corrosion in the aluminum rad. :thumbsup:

generaljmwlee

Reaction score
V269 said:
Looks like the same rad I bought for my car and the same guages as well. My car never goes much above 170 on the highway and in stop and go traffic in the summer it will go 180-185 but as soon as you start moving again it drops back into the 170's. Is that a 3 row Champion rad? Make sure you use 50/50 distilled water and antifreeze for coolant. Distilled water can be bought at any grocery store. It won't cause corrosion in the aluminum rad. :thumbsup:
yes it a champion rad nice direct fit too.

V269

Reaction score
Holy crap it's hot at your place Bob. It was only about 45 here today with rain and wind. :chill:

A31PKG

Reaction score
generaljmwlee said:
.... now grant it I only have water in it ....

Yes, be sure to get a 50/50 mix in there ASAP... Straight water is highly corrosive, and the antifreeze has a higher boiling point, which means even lower operating temps.

:thumbsup:

moparstuart

Reaction score
generaljmwlee said:
V269 said:
yes it a champion rad nice direct fit too.
is that a 22 inch champion ???

generaljmwlee

Reaction score
wish i would have know that i would have went through you to buy it. can u get me the shiny overflow cansister? :acme: :jester:

beepbeepbill

Reaction score
generaljmwlee said:
wish i would have know that i would have went through you to buy it. can u get me the shiny overflow cansister? :acme: :jester:

which model? the CC2375?

Bill

generaljmwlee

Reaction score
not sure was advertised for 29.99 when i bought the rad should have just got it then . now I cant find them that cheap!

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Jason - glad everything is coming together for you. You've done a really nice job on that car. :cheers:

V269

Reaction score
beepbeepbill said:
Sorry I was not clear. what model 22" radiator??

bill

Bill, I checked my rad this morning for you and it is a CC1635 model 22" 3 row rad.

Ken.

Back