• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ok Lets See your Runners

ricks_RR

Reaction score
is yours a real white one mine is that's way I put her back to the color .I was going to paint it flat black and drive it but as all good things go
I put her to her born color and am I glad I did . I love the way she looks and I am not a trophy hunter but I park her at shows and next they are calling my name out for something that the car won a placu or a trophy .
she is a great car to drive just hearing her purr do the road is a turn on.

Sixtynine_Bird

Reaction score
Nope not real one, it was a Y2 paint code.
But I don't like it very much and I always thought that a white paint on a runner is a good combination with the flat black stripes! :)
it is not a nut and bolt restoration, I made a lot of modifications so that is why I don't care if it is not the color it was when she came out of the factory back in 69

chryslerfan

Reaction score
Marty, I can't remember seeing a gold car with silver and black interior. That looks really cool and not a combo ya see too often.
Was that one born with gold exterior and silver / black interior. It is definitely unusual. The silver / black (exterior) one I am looking at (1968 hemi road runner) had the plain silver / black bench seat interior as it was built before the decor package was available.

droptop

Reaction score
Labor Day car show in Harrisburgh IL. We don't get the 1980 Road Runner out nearly as often as I would like.

image.jpg

droptop

Reaction score
That has to be a rare bird. Not likely too common when new but also likely got junked out from low quality workmanship at that time. Someone can still be proud of their rare car

Not sure of the quality issues you speak of....by 1980, the issues of bringing the Volare into production to quickly had been resolved. This car runs and drives great. No squeaks or rattles, and with right at 100k miles on it, it has never had anything done to it other than regular maintance. The valve covers even look to have never been taken off. The door gaps are true and even and everything works as it should. For a 37 year old car, I would say that was a quality built car. :2cents:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
both very nice! got any more of the birdie? and details? four speed?

Back