• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

old iron heads

mac

What ?
Reaction score
I have a pair of rusty crusty bare 906 heads taking up space and was wondering if there is still any value in them besides scrap value.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I have a pair of rusty crusty bare 906 heads taking up space and was wondering if there is still any value in them besides scrap value.

Around here a bare set gets 50-75 bucks

pinkpanthr

Reaction score
Depends on the condition. I've been looking for a set myself that aren't in need of too much machining for a port and polish job. I've seen bare sets go on CL for 25 bucks if they need decking or seat work, seen 'em go as high as 150 if theyre pretty clean. If you wanted to spend a little bit and have them ported and polished and assembled they can go for around a grand.

mac

What ?
Reaction score
there are pretty nasty, so I was thinking scrap instead of investing money I won't get back. if I were going to go through getting them all cleaned and ported, I might as well buy a set of aluminum heads.

pinkpanthr

Reaction score
there are pretty nasty, so I was thinking scrap instead of investing money I won't get back. if I were going to go through getting them all cleaned and ported, I might as well buy a set of aluminum heads.
True, but there are still quite a few purist out there that prefer the stock appearing look. That adds value. Depending on how nasty, I say blast them and see what you can get. I hate to see parts like that go to scrap cause they sure aren't making any more.

pinkpanthr

Reaction score
Hey Mac, off topic but since I have you here figured I'd ask if the heater boxes you restore are the same for 68 and 69 or if there is any difference? As soon as my car is painted (probably around tax return time) i'll be ready to start reassembling the interior and would like to have a plan for some of those things I haven't worked out yet.

Back