• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Old picutes of Road Runners New

RdChicken

Reaction score
Does anyone have old pictures of Road Runners on the dealership lots NEW in 1969? Or old promo pics or promotional items from the dealerships or super stock pics at the dragstrips. I'm mostly interested old pics of 69 road runners, anything relating back the cars at the dealerships. I know it's a tall order, but if there are any pics like that out there I would assume I could find them here. I have had limited success on the internet the best stuff I can find is for Grand Spaulding, Mr. NORM, nothing for road runnner though. So, if you could email pics or post pics, then I return the favor on what I have.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Welcome! :cheers:

Since you've asked nicely, I'll open up the reference section to you. Take a look through there and you'll find what you are looking for.
One thing I ask is if you have any promo type stuff that we don't have, please share it with us! :cheers:

Confederate1969

Reaction score
Good thread question! I love seeing pics of new cars and promos from the 60s and 70s. Imagine being able to walk through a time portal to a 1969/70 Plymouth or Dodge dealership and buy up ten or twelve hemi cars of various models and options that are now highly sought after and drive em right back to the present day. :popcorn: :leave:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Confederate1969 said:
Good thread question! I love seeing pics of new cars and promos from the 60s and 70s. Imagine being able to walk through a time portal to a 1969/70 Plymouth or Dodge dealership and buy up ten or twelve hemi cars of various models and options that are now highly sought after and drive em right back to the present day. :popcorn: :leave:

I believe that you can mosey down to your Dodge dealer right now and score a brand new Hemi Challenger with a six-speed if you wanted to...and forty years from now you'd be one of those guys that we consider to be so lucky today... It's all about perspective...

:D
Ray

Confederate1969

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Confederate1969 said:

I believe that you can mosey down to your Dodge dealer right now and score a brand new Hemi Challenger with a six-speed if you wanted to...and forty years from now you'd be one of those guys that we consider to be so lucky today... It's all about perspective...

:D
Ray

Don't tempt me. My wife and I have BOTH threatened ourselves with massive debt to grab a new Hemi Challenger. First time we saw one in traffic last year, she was the first to say "wow, that's a mean lookin car." The only problem is that it takes well over 40k to walk away with a new Hemi Challenger.... :eek: Even factoring inflation, that's a lot more for a hemi vehicle than back in '69 or '70.

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
Plymouthfan said:
Here's some suits with the BIG bird decal

69RRbigdecal.jpg

Welcome to the site :cheers:

I had a factory green 69 as my first car and it had a crazy big bird visible under a blue repaint. Somebody had sanded lightly to get it to show better. But it isn't as big as that one there. Looked like a real WB RR bird.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
WOW......somebody painted BLUE over GREEN.......... :lmao:

:pot: :pot: :pot:

You'd better hope that Basketcase doesn't have any snowballs left...

:jester:

Back