• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Old Skool paint

jays69bird

Reaction score
If I can ever find my family scrap book I'll post a picture of my brother's 69 from 1973,that had a wild paint job on it.

quikbird

Reaction score
I remember paint jobs like that from my younger days. They were expensive and hard to do in the lacquer paints of the time. Took a lot of time and skill. The artists who did them seemed to all go by one name. One of the best here in columbus was a guy named Juan. He came up with some incredible stuff. Seems kind of a shame that not as much of the wild paint gets done anymore.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
how about Pre School? story was the owner would take this car to Pre Schools and let the kids have at it with finger paints.images.jpg

images.jpg

A12

Reaction score
Don't forget Project Six Pack.....DA0913-165517_7.jpg

DA0913-165517_7.jpg

MOPLUM

Reaction score
The first picture with the large Roadrunner on the door. I do remember seeing that before. I may be wrong, but I think that is a factory paint job. I dont remember what it was called right now, but you could order your Roadrunner with this large bird on the door. I remember seeing one of these in the showroom with two superbirds. A white one and blue one. I do remember the large Roadrunner on the door had a gold scheme like this picture as well. Sooooo long ago, hard to remember much more.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
that's a Chrysler show car, now in Steve Juliano'stumblr_mm69omi9E21s1f10do1_1280.jpg collection.

tumblr_mm69omi9E21s1f10do1_1280.jpg

Back