• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Old Spark Plugs

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you guys are like me then you also like to treasure-hunt and collect all kinds of automotive-related junk besides just actual car parts... When I was at the Swap Meet at Moultrie, GA recently I scored some NIB old spark plugs. Sorry that the pics aren't the best - I took them with my crackberry. The Auto-Lite offer featured in the flyer in the second photo ended in 1957... :lol:

Hope you enjoy!

:jester:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
my father in law had a garage down in harlem years ago and a ended up with all his tools and old parts.....i have an old ignition cabinet loaded with old points,condensers,rotors,caps,coils,switches....etc....cool old stuff

Roadcuda

Reaction score
That's a great find Ray! :thumbsup: It's amazing how much stuff like that is still out there to be found!

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
my father in law had a garage down in harlem years ago and a ended up with all his tools and old parts.....i have an old ignition cabinet loaded with old points,condensers,rotors,caps,coils,switches....etc....cool old stuff

Cool! Throw some pics up when you get a chance.

One of my buddies has an old AC spark plug display that I covet. It's an old bird cage that has a sign on it that reads "These birds got caught stealing gas." There are two competitors' spark plugs locked up inside. It is just too freakin' cool. I've been looking for one for years now... I really like old Sinclair stuff too... In my game room I have a can of "Ray Lube" oil that a friend found for me several years ago. There's just tons of neat stuff out there if you're willing to scavenge a little...

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
george68hemirr said:

Cool! Throw some pics up when you get a chance.

One of my buddies has an old AC spark plug display that I covet. It's an old bird cage that has a sign on it that reads "These birds got caught stealing gas." There are two competitors' spark plugs locked up inside. It is just too freakin' cool. I've been looking for one for years now... I really like old Sinclair stuff too... In my game room I have a can of "Ray Lube" oil that a friend found for me several years ago. There's just tons of neat stuff out there if you're willing to scavenge a little...

Hmm... I wonder what happened to the Sinclair dinosaur I got at the Worlds Fair in 1964... I may have to look.

I remember getting it. They had an injection molding machine making them right after the Sinclair "dinoland"

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Big John said:
Hmm... I wonder what happened to the Sinclair dinosaur I got at the Worlds Fair in 1964... I may have to look.

I remember getting it. They had an injection molding machine making them right after the Sinclair "dinoland"

Wow. Cool story. But that's 46 years ago...no telling where it ended up...

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Cool stuff! Thanks for sharing, George. Cabinet looks to be in very good shape.

:thumbsup:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
...and totally unrelated...my RR glasses. These are dated 1973. Got them at the Zephyrhills show last year. They were on the shelf below the RayLube so I grabbed them and took a pic...

Roadcuda

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
...good old RayLube....
So this stuff only works on things called Ray? :jester: In what time period was this produced? I don't recall ever seeing any even back in my Hershey flea market days.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
ACME A12 said:
...good old RayLube....
So this stuff only works on things called Ray? :jester: In what time period was this produced? I don't recall ever seeing any even back in my Hershey flea market days.

It doesn't work on me... :lol:

No idea on the time period...but I know it came from the west coast...maybe that's why you never saw it...

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
remember WOLFSHEAD OIL......22cents a quart....i remember dumping in 5 quarts in my 55 chevy wagon to drive it a half a mile....looked like jamesbond....you couldnt see behind me.....pulled it apart and had two pistons in the pan....the rods tore up those cylinder walls big time.....little 265 motor

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Autolit/Mopar plugs...that just seems so worng.
Great pics guys. I picked up the bird glass and the matching Coyote glass a few years ago.
Dad had a '65 Chevy Panel Truck. Used two or three qts on the 5 mile drive to work. Our garage was full of wasps, so he parked the truck in the garage, running and closed the doors to smoke'm out. One of the neighbors called the FD thinking the garage was on fire.

moparchris

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
...and totally unrelated...my RR glasses. These are dated 1973. Got them at the Zephyrhills show last year. They were on the shelf below the RayLube so I grabbed them and took a pic...

I have one of those glasses I picked up at a garage sale in my own neighborhood.

moparchris

Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
ACME A12 said:
...good old RayLube....

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to take that one and run with it. :lmao:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Basketcase said:

Chrysler was one of Autolite's largest customers until Ford bought Autolite in 1961.

Know what AC stands for on AC spark plugs?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Big John said:
Basketcase said:

Chrysler was one of Autolite's largest customers until Ford bought Autolite in 1961.

Know what AC stands for on AC spark plugs?
No :huh:

Back