• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Old wiring harnesses…toss um?

woodwiz

Reaction score
Any other mopar guys out there ever felt the frustration with the old wiring harnesses in our time machines to just toss them out and start with new?

41dodge

Reaction score
I bought a completely new wiring harness from headlights to taillights plus electric windows and controls. I'll have to dig through my stuff to find out who the manufacturers are, but my old wiring was very brittle, and the insulation was falling off of a lot of it in places.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Year one also on the harness. Old wiring brittle and long out lasted its use. They did use different color wires in some places so had to contact them to keep me on track.

1969Claw

Reaction score
Year One as well, all of them, old and brittle. After 40+ years I think they have paid for themselves. I know a guy who's car burnt to the ground due to an electrical fire....

MoparDan

Reaction score
Any other mopar guys out there ever felt the frustration with the old wiring harnesses in our time machines to just toss them out and start with new?
A complete new harness from American Autowire Our Mopar's are too expensive and loved to burn them down.

Back