• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

One Hump or Two Hump Master Cylinder

moparmonk

Reaction score
Hello Again,
I need to replace the master cylinder on my bird. The one that was on it appeared to only have a one hump cover with a bolt in the middle of it. I have seen others that had a 2 Hump deal with the bail that holds the cover on. Does anyone know what the difference is? The one hump is 20.00 reman and the 2 hump is 36.00. The car is a manual brake car with drums on each end. I can't see what the difference is on either one as they both have two lines coming from them. Thanks guys.

A31PKG

Reaction score
I pretty sure the "bail" style was an aftermarket replacement and not factory-available (if that matters). Here's a pic I took of two bolt-on style covers. The one on the left is what's on all the survivors I've seen. The one on the right is what I'm assuming you are referring to as a single-hump bolt style - I have no explanation for it...I had it in a pile of parts. It too, may be a aftermarket replacement.

SV408124.jpg

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
I believe this is the incorrect "single hump" cover he is referring to.

FusibleLink_zps42274890.jpg

4spd69RR

Reaction score
One hump works

I have a single humper on mine, don't really see any difference as long as it seals. Need to take the cover off and paint to keep it from rusting.

100_0386.jpg

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I have a single humper on mine, don't really see any difference as long as it seals. Need to take the cover off and paint to keep it from rusting.

Nothing wrong with what you have it is a functional replacement. Moparmunk was inquiring on the proper as in factory style or concourse. All depends on what your after.

moparmonk

Reaction score
Good Morning All,
Thanks for taking the time and posting pics. The one I have is like 4spd69RR and Big Johns. I guess the cover was not the difference on either a manual or power system as great shots of each. Thanks for the input of the survior deal too as that is what I was wondering. I figure if I am going to get one, I might as well get the one that should be there! Thanks again!

A31PKG

Reaction score
Here's a pic during my engine compartment resto...the master lid came from BE&A...very nice piece. I cleaned the lid hold-down with a wire wheel that kind of gave it a natural look then sprayed it with Eastwood's satin diamond clear so it wouldn't rust.

going back together (30).jpg

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
:basketcase::basketcase::basketcase:

moparmonk

Reaction score
All of your humoristic/saracatic humor is why I post... Keep it up boys! :tennis::tennis::tennis:

Back