• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

One in and one out of storage

glhcarl

Reaction score
I decided to take my Coronet out of storage, my sons garage, and put the GLH in storage. I bought the Coronet about five years ago from a friend that needed cash, I got it for a good price. It looks good but needs some work, the paint is thin but original so I really don't want to paint it until I have too. The interior is really nice but needs all the gages fixed. Its not much of a street racer, its a 361 2 bbl, PS and PB but no AC. Still it drives nice. The wheels are off my RR and will be replaced soon.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
No mater how thin the paint its only original once. Looks nice :thumbsup:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I had a chance to buy a BEAUTIFUL '66 Coronet hardtop at Carlisle in '96. All original except for paint, it was gold with a gold interior, 273, and a 3 on the tree. But I had just gone through my divorce from the KGB Agent so I was literally wiped out. The $4,500 asking price might as well have been $450K. I have since always lamented the fact that I didn't take out a cash advance on a credit card, borrow the money from a buddy, rob a haji store, or do something - anything to have made that happen. Now I can only whine about it on an internet car forum whenever somebody posts a pic of a car that reminds me of that opportunity missed... :lol:

:jester:
ACME

Roadcuda

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
I had a chance to buy a BEAUTIFUL '66 Coronet hardtop at Carlisle in '96. All original except for paint, it was gold with a gold interior, 273, and a 3 on the tree. But I had just gone through my divorce from the KGB Agent so I was literally wiped out. The $4,500 asking price might as well have been $450K. I have since always lamented the fact that I didn't take out a cash advance on a credit card, borrow the money from a buddy, rob a haji store, or do something - anything to have made that happen. Now I can only whine about it on an internet car forum whenever somebody posts a pic of a car that reminds me of that opportunity missed... :lol:

ACME
Don't feel bad Ray, I think that has happened to many of us at one time or another. I saw a '64 Plymouth, small 8, 4-dr, just an ordinary type car, but it looked very good and that year Plymouth is one of my favorite years. I would have loved to grab that car as it also was around $4500 and I just could not go after it!

glhcarl

Reaction score
Thanks for the nice words about the Coronet.

Let me tell you how I came about owning it: When I was looking for a old Mopar I saw this Coronet 500 on the net. It was in a small town just east of Bolling Green, KY. I jumped in my motohome and when to check it out. Will it looked good, needed paint and some minor work but drove really nice and the engine seem good and tight. The guy wanted $7,500 for it, which I considered a fair price. So I took a few pictures to show the wife and headed home, thinking I would return in a week or two and buy it. Will my son got ill (Lupus) and was in and out of hospitals for the next nine months before it went into remission. So buying a car took a back seat.

Then about five years ago I was at one of our monthy car club meetings and this red Coronet 500 drives in. I went over and checked it out sure enough its the same car. The owner said he bought it in Tennessee, so it have been sold at least twice since I looked at it. Will about a month later the owner called and asked if I would like to buy the Coronet, as he needed cash. We agreed on $5,500 and as they say the rest is history.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Beautiful car Carl! :thumbsup: Thanks for sharing.
KGB Agent? that's scarey!

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
KGB Agent? that's scarey!

Well, she was Russian and she spoke better English than you or I...and she had certain attributes that would surely open doors....and she turned out to be meaner than a pissed off rattle snake... KGB Agent in my book...

Back