• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Organosol

Jim S.

Reaction score
The last couple of weeks I have been prepping my crappy hood stripes for some new paint. I bought some DDL9355 organosol lacquer from Frank (Roger Gibson's partner). I really don't think the new "Al Gore friendly" organosol is the same as the old. It does not look good. I have read every post in the world about proper application, slow reducer, etc. Had a friend who owns a body shop test it also with bad results. He and I decided to use DCC9355 urethene with a small amount of texture additive and flattening agent. It came out really nice but, it is a little gritty for me. Feels like 1000 grit sandpaper. It doesn't attract lint or anything and I can wipe it with a cloth or a duster with no problems. Just seems too gritty. Have to live with it for now. I documented the bodywork with pics because you guys say you like pics. If you click on each thumbnail there is a title and description as to what is going on.

http://s657.photobucket.com/albums/uu292/Jim-2/

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks pretty darned good to me, Jim...

Schoondle looks like a trooper! :thumbsup:

:jester:
ACME

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Looks good!

If you don't like the texture, don't get too excited yet. It might "weather" down a bit with washing and general wear.

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
I think it looks great. Especially with that no glare texture..........Some people make them shiny.... :loco:

droptop

Reaction score
The bubbled up lead is very common around the windshield of these cars. The paint will "wear in" and be just what you are wanting. When I sprayed the hood on my '75, it was the same way. It will be ok after a dozen or so wipe downs. Looks good. :cheers:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Looks good, but if you bring it over so I can get a better look :jester:

Jim S.

Reaction score
BTW, thank everyone for their accolades. I sure hope you guys are right about it weathering down a bit because it kinda bugs me right now. Then again, the old stuff was smooth and almost shiny because of wear. It's too new, I'll get used to it.......Jim

moparchris

Reaction score
Looks good from the pics. Sometimes things dont turn out the way you want them to and even though your really close and no one will know the difference its hard to get over since you have worked so hard to get it perfect. I hope that made sense...good job it looks great.

Jim S.

Reaction score
moparchris said:
Looks good from the pics. Sometimes things dont turn out the way you want them to and even though your really close and no one will know the difference its hard to get over since you have worked so hard to get it perfect. I hope that made sense...good job it looks great.
Thank you Chris. Yes makes perfect sense. That one little imperfection you know about yet no one will ever see. (My God, I'm starting to sound like "Confucius")

Back