• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original or replacement carpet

richardgoesfast

Reaction score
Trying to figure out if carpet has ever been replaced on my 70 383. Here are 3 shots showing under the sill plate, carpet lifted up with brown felt liner, and also the wear pad under the driver pedals. Does anyone have any insight as to whether this is original carpet or replacement?carpet pullup.JPGWear pad.JPGDoor sill carpete.JPG

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Is there a grommet around the dimmer or is the carpet just cut in an X ? Factory didn't use grommets at least in 69 and the gas peddle was about half way into the rubber mat once again 69. Lot of help huh LOL

Ranger

Reaction score
Is there a grommet around the dimmer or is the carpet just cut in an X ? Factory didn't use grommets at least in 69
Are you sure about that? Mine had the grommet and by the looks of the carpet when I replaced it, it was original.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
So it is said but that might be the Lynch rd. plant that left them off.

richardgoesfast

Reaction score
No grommet, looks like a circle cut. I'm thinking this is a replacement set down ages ago from someone like Legendary. Maybe.

richardgoesfast

Reaction score
So what you doing to the car. Richardgoesfast. Just doing up grade's. To make it look better. :thumbsup:
Let's see, first gonna get front buckets redone with stock covers and foam. Next I'm thinking new console cause this one is really worn, and would like a reconditioned dash. Ultimately a much higher quality paint job would be nice. The car is original Lime Light but not exactly a show stopper. Not that I'm gonna do any shows, but good paint is good paint. . . !

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Let's see, first gonna get front buckets redone with stock covers and foam. Next I'm thinking new console cause this one is really worn, and would like a reconditioned dash. Ultimately a much higher quality paint job would be nice. The car is original Lime Light but not exactly a show stopper. Not that I'm gonna do any shows, but good paint is good paint. . . !
Got ya. Yes things after time need to be redone. Like paint as well as the carpet and the seat covering's. Let us know how things go. Russ. :thumbsup2:

richardgoesfast

Reaction score
As soon as I get some progress, which hasn't happened yet, I'll post some photos and a blow-by-blow. Hopefully within next 2 months things will start to move.

Back