• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Out of hibernation

Steve

Reaction score
Managed to get the car out today for the first time.It roared to life on the sixth crank so backed it out of the garage to let the engine warm up,the oil light was still on but the mechanical gauge showed excellent pressure :thumbsup: After I'd sat with the car to warm up I left it to idle while I went in to make a cup of tea.As I'm inside the engine stalled and although it will restart it will not idle for longer than about 7 or 8 secs.Is this the needle valves sticking again?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I hope we have been of some help :basketcase: When you restart do you have to pump the throttle to start or do you hold the throttle wide open do to flooding?

Steve

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
I hope we have been of some help :basketcase: When you restart do you have to pump the throttle to start or do you hold the throttle wide open do to flooding?
The latter Bob,you lot are always helpful :facepalm: :jester:..........and hey! I like drinking tea :chuck:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Steve said:
69hemibeep said:
The latter Bob,you lot are always helpful :facepalm: :jester:..........and hey! I like drinking tea :chuck:
look at your needle and seats, your first thought was right unless its not coming off of choke mode

Back