• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

overheating

hillsglass

Reaction score
My 383 rr with 22" rad is still overheating, Recored rad to 3 core high eff , new extra thermastat 180. I t still boilsover. Any ideas
Thank's Chip

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
How clean is the inside of the block?

Sounds like it's not circulating?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
hillsglass said:
It's boiling over after stopping
OK. You can either put a recovery bottle on it or let it boil over until it finds a happy level in the radiator then it should stop. Its only natural to add coolant after it pukes but the coolant expands with the after boil and will puke it out until there is room in the upper tank to control it. Every big mopar I ever had does this and when they get down to 1/2 to 2/3s full they quit. If you want more coolant that that you will need a recovery bottle but as long as the coolant covers the core when running its happy Mine is the same way and I haven't added in 2 years and no more puking

hillsglass

Reaction score
how do I tell if the block is dirty? and how to clean it good?

V269

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
hillsglass said:
OK. You can either put a recovery bottle on it or let it boil over until it finds a happy level in the radiator then it should stop. Its only natural to add coolant after it pukes but the coolant expands with the after boil and will puke it out until there is room in the upper tank to control it. Every big mopar I ever had does this and when they get down to 1/2 to 2/3s full they quit. If you want more coolant that that you will need a recovery bottle but as long as the coolant covers the core when running its happy Mine is the same way and I haven't added in 2 years and no more puking

X2.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
V269 said:
69hemibeep said:
hillsglass said:

X2.

What they said.

mac

What ?
Reaction score
i have a 22" rad, a 195 degree thermostat, and drive on 90 degree days with no "puking". with no recovery tank you will need to find the level of anitfreeze that is just over the core tubes. how good is the cap and what pressure is it rated for?

Back