• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paint complete car home off to the interior shop Monday

nicanor

Reaction score
The paint is complete and I'll get I'll get the car to the shop Monday to start the interior. Next thing to start on is rims and tires.

What is a good rim, size front and back and whats the biggest tire I can put on the rear?

I'll post pics tomorrow.

Thanks,
Barry

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you do a search for "tire size" you'll probably find half a dozen threads that cover this topic from A-Z.

I'm too old and tired to post this whole mess again... :lol:

:jester:

nicanor

Reaction score
I've read some, but there was no clear cut answer to the largest tire size useable on the rear without body modifications.

Thank you,
Barry

moparchris

Reaction score
I'll make it easy. 275/60R15 on 15X8 4.5 backspace on the rear and 15X3.5 with 165R15s on the front.

droptop

Reaction score
moparchris said:
I'll make it easy. 275/60R15 on 15X8 4.5 backspace on the rear and 15X3.5 with 165R15s on the front.

I agree with the rear suggestion, but if you are going to do any thing besides go in a strate line, you will need more rubber than that on the front. Go with a 15X7 3.5 back space and a 225/70/15.
:cents:

moparchris

Reaction score
droptop said:
moparchris said:

I agree with the rear suggestion, but if you are going to do any thing besides go in a strate line, you will need more rubber than that on the front. Go with a 15X7 3.5 back space and a 225/70/15.
:cents:

Is there anything else? :acme: I have 15x3.5s on my daily driver and its just fine.

nicanor

Reaction score
I have a new set of 275/60/15s that are Goodyear T/A. Could I use these and if I can, should I put the white lettering on the inside?

Thanks,
Barry

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
nicanor said:
I have a new set of 275/60/15s that are Goodyear T/A. Could I use these and if I can, should I put the white lettering on the inside?

Thanks,
Barry

Yes you can use them and letters in or out is a matter of personal preference. You go with what you think looks the best. :cheers:

A31PKG

Reaction score
What they said

Goodyear T/A ? Do you mean BFG T/A's? Firestone makes a nice radial that kinda looks like a bias ply tread-wise. They are affordable and the lettering is cool too... "Firehawk Indy 500". Of course, some frown on putting F'stones on MOPARS....you could always turn the letters inside.

fs_indy_500_rwl_ci3_l.jpg

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
A31PKG said:
What they said

Goodyear T/A ? Do you mean BFG T/A's? Firestone makes a nice radial that kinda looks like a bias ply tread-wise. They are affordable and the lettering is cool too... "Firehawk Indy 500". Of course, some frown on putting F'stones on MOPARS....you could always turn the letters inside.

I got Firestone Redlines on my Torq Thrusts D's and all that want to frown go rite ahead and see if I loose any sleep over it :thumbsup: :lol:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
abodybill said:
A31PKG said:
Of course, some frown on putting F'stones on MOPARS....

I got Firestone Redlines on my Torq Thrusts D's and all that want to frown go rite ahead and see if I loose any sleep over it :thumbsup: :lol:

For sure. For years the LOH guys had to run Firestone red lines because no one was repopping the Goodyear G70-15's. Never heard too much about it, even from that group... :lol:

A31PKG

Reaction score
I was covering my a$$ in case we had any closet F'stone haters lurking about....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

nicanor

Reaction score
My apologies, it was Goodrich T/A tires not Goodyear. They are 275/60 15.

generaljmwlee

Reaction score
A31PKG said:
That's what's on mine....
that is the look I am going for!Can you tell me what are the exact sizes front and rear along with rim sizes

A31PKG

Reaction score
generaljmwlee said:
A31PKG said:
That's what's on mine....
that is the look I am going for!Can you tell me what are the exact sizes front and rear along with rim sizes

Sure... I'm not sure what the actual backspace measurements are, but all 4 wheels are factory Chrysler. The fronts are 15x6 off of who-knows-what... probably a station wagon or ?? The rears are 15x8 from a late 70's Power Wagon. They fit perfect. I had them all blasted and then powder coated. The fronts are 225 70's and the rears are 275 60's. The rims can be had at Carlisle and the like. Lots of vendors sell them. Also you can get them "new" at a couple places like Specialty Wheel and that Classic Chambered Exhaust place...

:thumbsup:

generaljmwlee

Reaction score
thanks ! The guy I bought my car has about 400 stock rims stacked all over in different sizes , told me 25.00 each cant beat that!and sorry for the Hijack of the thread :acme:

nicanor

Reaction score
Jason,

Follow-on questions helps a lot of us still building our Roadrunners.

Interior is 99 percent done I believe. Just waiting for the package tray to be delivered today.

Back