• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paint wrinkle

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Have a wrinkle in my paint where the upper cowl and the a pillar are bonded. My jack let the car down hard on passenger side when working on it. Now notice a wrinkle in the paint where the two body parts where leaded. After thought is I guess should have welded that area together. But was told that area was leaded together. Any thought's on what might happen in the future. Have touched up that area with paint so it is not so noticeable. The driver's side is not showing any sign's as of yet. Makes you sick with all the work we put into the car and things like this happen. Thanks Russ.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Just what I expected them to say. Most every one has this problem so it seems. Know the body flexes in that area. You got any answer on this.

Roadtrip

Reaction score
In the future it will crack again. When restoring, if the lead is replaced with modern material that off more flexibility the problem shouldn’t occur.

Back