• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Painting Questions

cheflar

Reaction score
I believe I am about 1 month or so from being able to paint. Are there any "secrets" or anything I should know and someone would like to shar about painting a 69 RR? (car was originally F5, but I believe I am going to paint F8)...can the quarters, trunk lid and hood be painted as individual panels? if so, is there an easy way to get bolts, etc. back on without ruining them when reattaching the panels? (I will apologize ahead of time if any of these are dumb questions! LOL) First time at a restoration and person helping me has restored 11 F*rds, but ZERO MOPAR.

droptop

Reaction score
Both F5 and F8 have a high metal content and could have color variations if painted at different times. I would paint all at one time.

cheflar

Reaction score
Thanks...I saw on Graveyard Carz and a website they both mentioned panel painting would be bad if too much "metal content", but they didn't really say which colors, etc. are most affected...so basicallt assemble hood, springs, trunk lid, latches, fenders, fender bolts, etc. and just paint the whole car as one? i was planning on using a ppg...anything on which maker of paint to use?

cheflar

Reaction score
as far as original production, are there any colors in 69 that are known to be a harder to find factory original for a Roadrunner?

Back