• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Parts Shipping Error

chapdog105

Reaction score
So I paid $224 for a pair of outer wheelhouses that didn't show up on the truck today with my fenders and windshield.
Instead, I received this...
140.jpg

Now while I will accept responsibility for not checking all my boxes, but I was busy at work when they arrived.
I signed, and what's mine is mine (or that's what it says all over the paperwork I received).

I thought it was weird when the box for the wheelhouses was HUGE and weighed 150 lbs...but whatever.

The problem is that I don't need full quarters. In fact, I have a brand new pair ready to roll that are all I need for a vert that only go up to the body line.

So...looks like I'm going to put these puppies up for sale to recoup my lost $224.
These are going for $1350 on ebay at $130 shipping added. I'm sure I'll do okay.
As for the outer wheelhouses, my body guy says he can get a new pair on the cheap with free shipping.

What should I list them for? I'd would be nice to get good cash, or something good in trade (bucket seats!).

140.jpg

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
chapdog105 said:
So...looks like I'm going to put these puppies up for sale to recoup my lost $224.

OR...you could contact the company that sold them to you and request that they send you the wheel houses that you ordered and ask for a pre-paid means of returning the quarters that you didn't ask for. I'm sure that if they screwed up and sent you two lower quarter patch panels worth only $50.00 a piece you would have already been on the phone with them to get this sorted out... Right is right and and wrong is wrong. Didn't your parents teach you about "ill-gotten gains..."? Karma is something that you just don't f**k with. :cents:

sixgunrunner68

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
chapdog105 said:

OR...you could contact the company that sold them to you and request that they send you the wheel houses that you ordered and ask for a pre-paid means of returning the quarters that you didn't ask for. I'm sure that if they screwed up and sent you two lower quarter patch panels worth only $50.00 a piece you would have already been on the phone with them to get this sorted out... Right is right and and wrong is wrong. Didn't your parents teach you about "ill-gotten gains..."? Karma is something that you just don't f**k with. :cents:

x2 :toetap: Right is right and and wrong is wrong

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
chapdog105 said:

Ray I guess you don't need a good deal on quarters :acme: :lmao: :lmao: Actually I agree with you and there is a chance they won't want them back! I know they print all over the box to check your parts but that goes two ways, The UPS guys here drop at the door ring the bell and run :huh:

chapdog105

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
ACME A12 said:
chapdog105 said:

Ray I guess you don't need a good deal on quarters :acme: :lmao: :lmao: Actually I agree with you and there is a chance they won't want them back! I know they print all over the box to check your parts but that goes two ways, The UPS guys here drop at the door ring the bell and run :huh:

Trust me, I'd much rather have my order correct the first time and not have to do anything or wait on any parts. I'm sure if I did get two lower patch quarter panels instead and I didn't check the box, you and I both know what the company would tell me, and it would involve me eating 2 lower quarters.

Also, I checked the invoice from AMD. The company I ordered from messed up when they placed my order with AMD. AMD sent exactly what was on the invoice. So I guess the company I purchased through made the mistake, and it wasn't actually a shipping error but an ordering error (not that that matters).

I'll give them a call tomorrow after I check out all my parts. My luck I'll go through all the work of repacking and sending the quarters back and then open my fenders to find their for a 79 pinto.

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
chapdog105 said:

WOW RAY YOU REALLY BEAT HIM UP.....BUT I AM WITH YOU 100 PERCENT :thumbsup:

chapdog105

Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
ACME A12 said:
chapdog105 said:

Ray doesn't need to be the high horse riding Karma Police. Who wouldn't want to do the right thing??? He acted like I stole them or something. All I did was go home and open a box looking for something I paid for to find the things I paid for weren't there, and instead something I already have and don't need is in the box.
I'm under the assumption that because I signed for them that I'm screwed with whatever was in that box (for better or worse), and at least I could sell these quarters that I don't need to recoup the money I spent on wheelhouses that I didn't receive.
I spent a lot of $$$ and didn't get half my order....
I'm just looking for a way to get my parts and not take a hit, but I guess I'm the bad guy. Geez...

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
I DONT CARE WHAT YOU SIGN FOR ....THEY STILL CAN BE RETURNED AT THERE EXPENSE FOR THERE SCREW UP....period....i dont blame ray for what he said :D

moparchris

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
chapdog105 said:

Sounds like someone rained on his drag race. :acme:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
chapdog105 said:
george68hemirr said:

Ray doesn't need to be the high horse riding Karma Police. Who wouldn't want to do the right thing??? He acted like I stole them or something. All I did was go home and open a box looking for something I paid for to find the things I paid for weren't there, and instead something I already have and don't need is in the box.
I'm under the assumption that because I signed for them that I'm screwed with whatever was in that box (for better or worse), and at least I could sell these quarters that I don't need to recoup the money I spent on wheelhouses that I didn't receive.
I spent a lot of $$$ and didn't get half my order....
I'm just looking for a way to get my parts and not take a hit, but I guess I'm the bad guy. Geez...

I think you both have overstated the content and context of my post. First, George, I didn't beat anybody up - I merely pointed out that that mistake was made and that simply correcting it rather than profiteering was the right thing to do. AND IT IS. Secondly, George, until you stated that I beat him up I don't think he took it any other way than it was intended. Thank-you so much for that. Lastly, Chapdog, I never said you were a bad guy, I don't think you're a bad guy, and you do whatever with those parts that your conscience allows you to do. At this point I couldn't care less.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
When I was redoing my car, I had 3 orders screwed up and in all three they said keep it and we will resend. I have 1 item left for sale the other two are in my wallet. The odds of getting those quarters back in good shape are low with the way they box them up, I bet you end up with them! Anyone need stainless master cylinder power brake lines :lmao:

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
I'll go out on a limb and say it's cheap low paid help that could care less, Companies think they are saving with low paid help but they really aren't because they feel no reason to care, I used to correct cashiers when they screw up even pointing things out as they do thier job and they look at you like you are nuts, now if it's a mistake in my favor that's the cost of doing buisness for them. Although for a higher stakes thing I guess I would ask WTF but I would expect them to eat it because of the hassle of return shipping and possible damage and new shipping with potential damage, I hate buying things as much as I hate leaving the house, yeah I'm up too early.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Bottom line here is that you didn't get what you ordered and payed for. I would call them telling them that, tell them what was received in error, and ask that the correct items be sent out. I would ask them for instructions on how to return the items shipped in error and how it will be paid for. They screwed up so it should be on their tab. IMHO.

mcmopar

Reaction score
Never assume that because an order was screwed up that the vendor won't fix the problem - especially if it was the vendor's fault for ordering the wrong parts. If I had gotten those quarter skins I'd be on the phone to that vendor toot-sweet and bending his ear about making right what they screwed up. And getting them to pay for return shipping as well. If they say "sorry but that's too bad" I'd inform them that they'd never get my business again and that I would definitely be telling all my road runner buddies here on the forum who thay are and what kind of company they run.
Chapdog - you definitely aren't the bad guy but I think you may have just jumped to a conclusion without checking with this screwy vendor. Never assume - you know what that does! :jester:

chapdog105

Reaction score
The guy flat out told me on the phone to check the boxes, check the boxes, check the boxes, and he explained their policy.
I've never had an issue like this, and figured based on what he told me when I ordered that I'd be stuck with what I had.
Like I said, I'm not trying to "get one over" on them or anything, I was just trying to figure out a way to not have to eat the loss of the cost of my wheelhouses after I made the mistake of not checking the boxes. Hell, I'd rather the order just arrived correct.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
chapdog105 said:
The guy flat out told me on the phone to check the boxes, check the boxes, check the boxes, and he explained their policy.
I've never had an issue like this, and figured based on what he told me when I ordered that I'd be stuck with what I had.
Like I said, I'm not trying to "get one over" on them or anything, I was just trying to figure out a way to not have to eat the loss of the cost of my wheelhouses after I made the mistake of not checking the boxes. Hell, I'd rather the order just arrived correct.

Well... If that's the case, I'd say those quarters are your's to do with what you want.

Chances are the margin on these parts is so high anyway that they don't care what they shipped or want them back for that matter. Cost to ship them back is probably more then their cost of the parts!

Throw them up in the for sale section here, let's say maybe a 30-40% discount off the selling price. If you kept the shipping box, you have most of the shipping problem covered. The buyer can pick up the shipping cost and still save some $$. If they don't sell here, there's always ebay.

Back