• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

parts wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
wanted some parts for my next project

door panels in brown they are standard coupe or belvedere I believe the pattern is the same as 68 cars not sure if they had that color available and I may have to dye if I have to.

1930_zps40c4e83a.jpg

1933_zps26849d02.jpg

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
also need this alternator bracket-idler pulley combo and fan pulley too and hardware if possible.
it will be for a 383 I think 440 will be the same but I haven't researched it yet

1938_zps66ec4621.jpg

1937_zpsd00b040e.jpg

1936_zps352f6f83.jpg

Thanks

mcmopar

Reaction score
3BIRDS1X said:
wanted some parts for my next project

door panels in brown they are standard coupe or belvedere I believe the pattern is the same as 68 cars not sure if they had that color available and I may have to dye if I have to.

1930_zps40c4e83a.jpg

1933_zps26849d02.jpg

Have you tried Legendary Auto Interiors? They might have those panels - and at a reasonable price, too.

ArmyInspector

Reaction score
another guy is selling door panels on ebay, just do a search, probably can find the brackets also

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
mcmopar said:
Have you tried Legendary Auto Interiors? They might have those panels - and at a reasonable price, too.

Yep. $301. See below...

http://www.legendaryautointeriors.com/2 ... etail.html

Well that's good to know for the longest time all I've seen repoed were the Blue or black colors in the non-decor pattern, that can now be on the back burner if I can buy it anytime. That leaves the a/c car alternator/idler pulley bracket left on my list of weird stuff. I have everything else to put a chrysler parts dealer installed underdash air unit on the coupe project. I think I'll be going in a unusual direction with that car.

generaljmwlee

Reaction score
Classic industries sells the legendary door panels ,and have good discount codes
Picked mine up cheaper than from them directly.

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
generaljmwlee said:
Classic industries sells the legendary door panels ,and have good discount codes
Picked mine up cheaper than from them directly.

cool I'll keep that lead in mind when the time comes

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
3BIRDS1X said:
ACME A12 said:
mcmopar said:

Yep. $301. See below...

http://www.legendaryautointeriors.com/2 ... etail.html

Well that's good to know for the longest time all I've seen repoed were the Blue or black colors in the non-decor pattern, that can now be on the back burner if I can buy it anytime. That leaves the a/c car alternator/idler pulley bracket left on my list of weird stuff. I have everything else to put a chrysler parts dealer installed underdash air unit on the coupe project. I think I'll be going in a unusual direction with that car.
I have all the brackets you need if some one can show me an aftermarket alternator A/C P/S set up that won't break the bank. I'm hoarding, I mean saving them for my Valiant project but it's far from being stock appearing

joewhite440

Reaction score
Did anyone hook you up with the brackets. I have the two brackets on a 440 here. I do not know if I still have the Idler?
Let me know if you still need them!
Here's what I have

118.JPG

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
joewhite440 said:
Did anyone hook you up with the brackets. I have the two brackets on a 440 here. I do not know if I still have the Idler?
Let me know if you still need them!
Here's what I have

Not yet I'm still looking for them, I will look them up in the parts book and see if they are still the same and please see if the idler is still around - Thanks

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
3BIRDS1X said:
also need this alternator bracket-idler pulley combo and fan pulley too and hardware if possible.
it will be for a 383 I think 440 will be the same but I haven't researched it yet

1938_zps66ec4621.jpg

1937_zpsd00b040e.jpg

1936_zps352f6f83.jpg

Thanks
Rich I made mention that I would give up my bracket set if I found an affordable aftermarket system but there is no such thing, sorry I'm going to use them.

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
3BIRDS1X said:

1938_zps66ec4621.jpg

1937_zpsd00b040e.jpg

1936_zps352f6f83.jpg

Thanks
Rich I made mention that I would give up my bracket set if I found an affordable aftermarket system but there is no such thing, sorry I'm going to use them.

Thanks, I'm sure a set will turn up yet I may have to do some fishing on the sea body sites.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Why is an idler pulley required on this set-up? :popcorn:
Ray I think the power steering pump is solid mounted on this system and the idler is where the tension is applied. This is what I pulled off the 70 charger parts car but I would have to look at the P/S pump to verify because it was off when I got it. The belt would go to P/S, water pump, crank, idler. I'm going with a Sanden compressor and an aftermarket A/C bracket. Rich if you can use the A/C bracket let me know, if I go with the low mount A/C I don't need the idler either.

DSCN4639 (640x480).jpg

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
ACME A12 said:
Why is an idler pulley required on this set-up? :popcorn:
Ray I think the power steering pump is solid mounted on this system and the idler is where the tension is applied. This is what I pulled off the 70 charger parts car but I would have to look at the P/S pump to verify because it was off when I got it. The belt would go to P/S, water pump, crank, idler. I'm going with a Sanden compressor and an aftermarket A/C bracket. Rich if you can use the A/C bracket let me know, if I go with the low mount A/C I don't need the idler either.

I think I'm okay with brackets, but if the idler and alternator bracket is available we will work something out for sure and if you want the brackets gone I can buy them too. As for Ray's question on a/c cars they have a four groove crank pulley, the two closest to engine are crank-compressor-alternator the next one out is crank-power steering then the one closest to radiator is crank-fan-idler
the adjusting parts are the alternator, ps pump and idler.
my coupe will be on a four groove pulley but the third groove won't be used because it will be manual steering still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back