• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Past Mopars we have owned!!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
that woulda made a killer sleeper, but you woulda had those big meats out back, so that woulda gave it away.

joewhite440

Reaction score
Best I ever ran was 10:10. That was fast enough for me with stock Strut Towers. The guy I sold it to put a little bigger engine in it. It started pulling big wheels stands and ran 9:60 and started bending the car. I would not want it now.

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
joewhite440 said:
Best I ever ran was 10:10. That was fast enough for me with stock Strut Towers. The guy I sold it to put a little bigger engine in it. It started pulling big wheels stands and ran 9:60 and started bending the car. I would not want it now.
thats hauling ass joe.....i hope he has a full frame under that baby.....that will keep her from twisting if built right :thumbsup:

joewhite440

Reaction score
Yes George it was a well built little car. Ran 125 to 130. Do not remember exactly.
It was originally built for pro street. It had a square tube frame from the original subframe in the front. Sorta like a back half. You would of had to seen it. I just never trusted it and kept the 4 Link Adjusted to keep it on the Ground. My ladder bar cars always pulled the Nice wheel stands. But the were E and A Bodies and had strong enough stuff. Sure do miss the speed!!!

joewhite440

Reaction score
Here is the Duster that sold on Mecum and is on their commercial now. I had the stage V Hemi Logo covered up with one of my sponsors stickers. Also pictured is the last 340 Car I cut up and made a drag car out of it. I never did drive either of these. I just flipped the first one and the second one I sold when the guy at the track finally sold me this Challenger RT 440 car. I built an Indy Engine for it. The Challenger still had the steel fenders,doors,quarters and the Fender Tag. Sold it to a guy in Sweden. Lost $3000 dollars on it. It was the last car I Raced before my last two back surgeries that ended my Drag Racing fun.

joewhite440

Reaction score
I am posting this one for my buddy Dave (basketcase) and all you other Crager fans. I redid this one in 88 or 89 it was a numbers matching 340 4 speed car. Most everything was there except fenders, grill, front buckets and hood but it was in a big basket!!!

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
What little racing I did I enjoyed and at the same time realized it was a money pit and needed to quit. But then you miss the speed :crazy:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
joewhite440 said:
I am posting this one for my buddy Dave (basketcase) and all you other Crager fans. I redid this one in 88 or 89 it was a numbers matching 340 4 speed car. Most everything was there except fenders, grill, front buckets and hood but it was in a big basket!!!

Buddy of mine had one like that back in the late eighties & early nineties that we had some fun with. Original 340/4-spd car and still had the sharktooth grill. Black paint, six-pack hood, and sharktooth grille just go together really nicely on a Duster IMHO. It was mini-tubbed and had a narrowed Dana under it. He was kind of an a$$hat at times and ended up blowing the engine by over-revving it sitting in the garage showing some of his buddies how nasty it sounded... :loco: He took it apart and never got it put back together... We shared a nice garage (1/3 his & 2/3 mine) at the time but in '94 I had to move to Ohio because of work. He couldn't afford the garage by himself and couldn't find anyone to share it with him. Car ended up in a bodyshop, he couldn't pay the bill, and you can guess the rest. Damn shame...it was a really nice car and I would love to have it today...

joewhite440

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
joewhite440 said:

Buddy of mine had one like that back in the late eighties & early nineties that we had some fun with. Original 340/4-spd car and still had the sharktooth grill. Black paint, six-pack hood, and sharktooth grille just go together really nicely on a Duster IMHO. It was mini-tubbed and had a narrowed Dana under it. He was kind of an a$$hat at times and ended up blowing the engine by over-revving it sitting in the garage showing some of his buddies how nasty it sounded... :loco: He took it apart and never got it put back together... We shared a nice garage (1/3 his & 2/3 mine) at the time but in '94 I had to move to Ohio because of work. He couldn't afford the garage by himself and couldn't find anyone to share it with him. Car ended up in a bodyshop, he couldn't pay the bill, and you can guess the rest. Damn shame...it was a really nice car and I would love to have it today...

Yes Ray I am with you on that. I have seen the same many times. Even with my own family.

You know I like talking about old cars I have owned but I would much rather be like some of you guys who kept a few of them. I feel foolish at times for the way I never kept anything very long. Maybe it was just a bad habit or I never could afford over one at a time???
Wish I had a few of them back!!!

Joe

moparchris

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing Joe, you had some really wicked rides there. I am a racer at heart and haven't done much lately and I miss it dearly. Maybe I can get my Swinger back up before the year is over.

I did forget the 4x4 Charger! :lmao: I cant help but laugh about it. One day I will get around to it! Yeah right! What I need to do is unblot the fender tag and pull a clean Charger under it and bolt it back on! There is no good parts on that car, I wonder if I will ever get to it. Its burried over at my buddies place about 50 miles from me so I forget about it......often! :lol:

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
Joe, I'm gonna have to meet up with you and Dave real soon, bring my car up there. You guys are close by....

Nice rides you had!

joewhite440

Reaction score
roadrunnerh said:
Joe, I'm gonna have to meet up with you and Dave real soon, bring my car up there. You guys are close by....

Nice rides you had!

Thanks
Sounds good. I tried to go to the Beaver cruse today to meet Dave because he was going there. He did get to meet my son Joe Jr though. My legs and back from this stupid disease have been keeping me in Bed or on the couch. I go back in two weeks and they are changing my dose and changing the pain meds in my pump. Let us know some time we can try to meet. I would also still like to meet Ray (acme) sometime we tried a few months ago and I could not make it.

Joe

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
joewhite440 said:
I would also still like to meet Ray (acme) sometime we tried a few months ago and I could not make it.

Joe

Well, you're gonna get a couple more opportunities before too long... I'll be headed up to Ohio a couple of times in the next two months. On the 26th & 27th of September for sure, and I'm not certain of the other date as yet. I'll keep you posted...

Hate to hear that you're still having so much trouble with your back, Joe...

Ray

joewhite440

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
joewhite440 said:
I would also still like to meet Ray (acme) sometime we tried a few months ago and I could not make it.

Joe

Well, you're gonna get a couple more opportunities before too long... I'll be headed up to Ohio a couple of times in the next two months. On the 26th & 27th of September for sure, and I'm not certain of the other date as yet. I'll keep you posted...

Hate to hear that you're still having so much trouble with your back, Joe...

Ray

What area will you be coming to?

Joe

Back