• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pervious Owners??

hlrich24

Reaction score
Hey guys I need some help here. How do I go about tracking down previous owners for my RR? The Calif DMV are giving me a hard time and I would really like to Restore this car and do it right. I am missing the fender tag and all the info on the car I have is just from going over it with a fine tooth comb. Anything will help. Thanks!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I know some DMVs used to be helpful, but not anymore.

modernistsouth

Reaction score
Have you tried the Lynch Road route? I dunno how good Lynch Road really is. Or looked for broadcast sheets taped to the back of the glove box or between the cushion and springs on the back seat? I know that's basic stuff, just want to make sure.

hlrich24

Reaction score
well it turns out that all you have to do is fill out a certain "form" and mail it in.... It cost $5 and they will give me the names of all the owners from day one... BUT NOT THEIR phone numbers, addresses, or any other personal info... so I guess that's a start....

jays69bird

Reaction score
I have tracked down one previous owner but the guy never called me,just my luck.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Ohio doesn't help. Dobie (Dept Sheriff) couldn't get anywhere with his.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
I had a previous owner's name for my Roadrunner, but I never called him. My friend that bought the car might try though. In fact, he thinks he might know him.

My 300 is a little different. Not only do I know the previous owner real well, I've met the guy he bought it from and I have a website for the owner before him.

http://www.arcticrail.com/family/familypages/apageforal.html

earlyrides

Reaction score
Try GTS

Have you thought about trying Galen Govier?
http://www.galengovier.com/
He has a ton of build sheets for all kinds of Mopars.
If he has yours he will send it to you free.
You only have to pay for the shipping and provide proof that you are the current registered owner.
We were able to get the buildsheet for my friend's 69 Daytona after the one we found under the carpet turned out to be for a 4-door dart.
I guess those assembly line guys were probably laughing that day saying something like; "Wait till they find this in 20-30 years!!! HE! HE! HE!"

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
:jail: I'm still waiting to hear from his Higness for the last car I had....he's too busy selling used Mazdas....

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Have you thought about trying Galen Govier?
http://www.galengovier.com/
He has a ton of build sheets for all kinds of Mopars.
If he has yours he will send it to you free.
You only have to pay for the shipping and provide proof that you are the current registered owner.
We were able to get the buildsheet for my friend's 69 Daytona after the one we found under the carpet turned out to be for a 4-door dart.
I guess those assembly line guys were probably laughing that day saying something like; "Wait till they find this in 20-30 years!!! HE! HE! HE!"

How long did you get that sheet for the Daytona? Sometime during the last year he stopped taking new requests for paperwork. The word was that he is trying to catch up on his previous work. Who knows. When I tried to find out of he had a broadcast sheet for my car within a month I got a letter with a list of all his services! As far as the original request, it was a year and a half later before I heard back saying the he didn't have any info for me!!!

A31PKG

Reaction score
Hey guys I need some help here. How do I go about tracking down previous owners for my RR? The Calif DMV are giving me a hard time and I would really like to Restore this car and do it right. I am missing the fender tag and all the info on the car I have is just from going over it with a fine tooth comb. Anything will help. Thanks!

I replied to this in your intro thread (by mistake) if you care to read it...

As far a Galen goes....it took a year and a half before I heard back from him. He does what he wants, when he wants, with no concern whatsoever with customer service. That is, of course, unless you have a hemi or 6bbl car...

You can try Barry Washington here: http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/

He has a database/collection of buildsheets and may be able to help. He's a good guy...much easier to deal with than Galen.

Last edited:

pobox144@yahoo.com

Reaction score
What a small world. I joined this forum yesterday and first post I looked at was another RR owner from Casper WY. My 69 is all white with chrome Magnum 500 wheels, keep an eye out for me, but not til spring.

hlrich24

Reaction score
I am now awaiting the Form with all the owners names from all the way back to the original date of purchase..... hopefully this goes in my favor!

Back