• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Photos of windshield clip locations?

Rocket

Reaction score
I'm looking for where the outside bottom clips go. I have 8 at the bottom in the indented part but the outside two were just sitting in there from when the body guy installed it (and it leaked).
If you have a photo or a schematic let me know. I am soooo close now. I'm either going to pay a guy to install windshield (he asked for $250 to install) or do it myself. Then it's reupholstering the interior, getting a six pack hood and a dana rear.

Thanks!!!!

jerrysdustydog

Reaction score
I'm guessing on the 69? I just did mine on the 68, and didn't take photos, but the outside ones are fairly close to the outside, maybe 3 or 4 inches, but they will be indented as well. Are you talking about the two trim clips that screw into the door jamb that hold the bottom trim? Don't get me started, my windshield guy had never installed one (like mine), and when I looked at it after he left, the gasket was on backwards. Lol, but Oh Not so funny. Had to get him to come back and instead of the $80 he was going to charge, ended up being another 80 to re-do (yes, I'm easy). Don't know yet if it leaks, but he did use the correct butyl rope (5/16 3M). Next time, I'll do it myself. And............I don't remember there being 8 clips on mine, maybe 6???? I could be wrong on that, but 8 would be a lot.

Last edited:

Rocket

Reaction score
I'll take a photo of it tomorrow. Thanks for the response JDD!

Back