• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Picking a color

jww69rrpost

Reaction score
The front bucket seats, and fold-down armrest, and the rear seat are original to the car. I found pieces of the build sheet in the underside of the back bottom seat, that was discovered by the interior guy while taking the seats apart. Turns out this was a "Special Order" car that was priced at $4297. The seat frames were stripped down to the frames; media blasted and powder coated matt black before rebuilding them back to finally laying down the black leather. The interior design was a collaboration between me and the interior guy, that included a lot of illustrations before diving into the upholstery phase. The guy that did my interior has a really nice resume that includes a Riddler award and three Grand National awards. I purchased ten hides of leather prior to hooking up with the interior guy. The leather is Brazilian Free-Grazed and Italian Tanned top grade leather. All ten hides were near perfect with absolutely no cuts or scratches. We also added a couple cup holders in the lower part of the fold-down armrest (one can be seen in the photo). The armrest has to be tilted back to access the second cup holder. I also had lumbar supports added to the bucket seats (I'm an old guy with a bad back)!! My overall goal, from the get-go was to maintain the look and integrity of the original design and look of the car, while bringing some modern features to it. It would have actually been cheaper to go "stupid" and go all out hot rod with molded interior and engine bay, but I chose to not go that route. It looks like a 69 Road Runner and feels like a 69 Road Runner... just way more comfortable

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
I’m liking those seats. They look great. Given my back, I’ve thought about and looked at some short back seats with some decent side bolsters to replace my originals. The ones is was looking at for an idea, on Summit, almost looked like could be factory.
Rain Man Pro Scatt seat's is what I went with and they are a good choice. They do recline and have lumbar support. Check them out.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
The front bucket seats, and fold-down armrest, and the rear seat are original to the car. I found pieces of the build sheet in the underside of the back bottom seat, that was discovered by the interior guy while taking the seats apart. Turns out this was a "Special Order" car that was priced at $4297. The seat frames were stripped down to the frames; media blasted and powder coated matt black before rebuilding them back to finally laying down the black leather. The interior design was a collaboration between me and the interior guy, that included a lot of illustrations before diving into the upholstery phase. The guy that did my interior has a really nice resume that includes a Riddler award and three Grand National awards. I purchased ten hides of leather prior to hooking up with the interior guy. The leather is Brazilian Free-Grazed and Italian Tanned top grade leather. All ten hides were near perfect with absolutely no cuts or scratches. We also added a couple cup holders in the lower part of the fold-down armrest (one can be seen in the photo). The armrest has to be tilted back to access the second cup holder. I also had lumbar supports added to the bucket seats (I'm an old guy with a bad back)!! My overall goal, from the get-go was to maintain the look and integrity of the original design and look of the car, while bringing some modern features to it. It would have actually been cheaper to go "stupid" and go all out hot rod with molded interior and engine bay, but I chose to not go that route. It looks like a 69 Road Runner and feels like a 69 Road Runner... just way more comfortable
Put a lot of work into that car good job. :thumbsup2:

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
Rain Man Pro Scatt seat's is what I went with and they are a good choice. They do recline and have lumbar support. Check them out.

I’ll have to go back and look, but I think those may have been one of the sets I was looking at. The factory seats have no side bolsters and I’ve gotten used to the fat side bolsters in the seat and back of my Charger.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
The scat seat's do have the more rounded back like the side bolster your talking about. With the lumbar spine support.

jww69rrpost

Reaction score
I had intended to go with aftermarket seats (front and back) until it was discovered the buckets; fold-down center armrests, and rear seat were all original to the car, so the decision was made to retain the seats and rebuild them with side bolsters all the way around, including the rear seat. As mentioned in a prior post, the interior guy had the seat frames stripped to bare metal and then had them powder coated prior to constructing the new seats.Seat frames - Rex's shop (3) - 10-08-2018.JPG Seat with leater(2).JPG

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
The scat seat's do have the more rounded back like the side bolster your talking about. With the lumbar spine support.

I’ll have to look at pics of yours once they're in your RR as I can’t handle the seats now to take them in or out. Hopefully by the time you’ve got yours installed, I’ll be healed enough to seriously look into a set. :thumbsup:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
I thought their where some pic of the seat in the car when mocking up. But never know might not have. Russ.

jww69rrpost

Reaction score
The bucket seats and the rear bench are original to the car. They were just stripped down to the frames, media blasted matt black then rebuilt using foam; cloth, wood and finally leather. They feel like something from a modern high-end car and the interior guy also added lumbar supports to the bucket seats... I am an old guy with a bad back, so this design is just like driving my wife's Lexus, only better because it is so darn cool. Also because of the design the sides of the seats have build in bolsters that keep you nice and snug in the seat... no rolling from one side to the other during tight cornering. These seats had the original black vinyl still in place with white seat covers over the original black. When the interior guy was going through the stripping down of the material, he found the remains of the original broadcast sheet wedged in the lower part of back seat under the original black vinyl. It was only through the broadcast sheet that I was able to learn the car was a special order car.

jww69rrpost

Reaction score
Here's some shots of the interior process, from stripping the seat frames down, to designing the door panels, to laying out the first layer of foam, to finally installing the leather

Seat frames - Rex's shop (3) - 10-08-2018.JPG

Seats with foam(2).JPG

Seats with foam(4).JPG

Seat with leater(2).JPG

H&N Performance (36).jpg

H&N Performance (43).jpg

Back