• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pictures of the 440/505 Stroker.

JJRJR

Reaction score
Not sure I'm doing the picture thing right. I went to "attachments" then downloaded some pics?? Let's see what happens. :popcorn:

Finito 1.jpg

Finito 2.jpg

Finito 3.jpg

Finito 4.jpg

Finito 5.jpg

JJRJR

Reaction score
Aha, it worked. Ain't she purdy?? A few details.

I used the Edelbrock Performer RPM heads and deep port matched dual plane Edelbrock Performer RPM intake from Hughes Engines. They CNC ported them and got some amazing flow numbers. The cherry on top is a Quick Fuel 950 Double Pumper. Inside we have an Eagle rotating assembly. Final CID is 505 with 10.4 CR. Had to get a new set of TTI headers; the ones from my 383 won't work.

She's going to be bolted to a brand new Tremec TKO 600 5 speed which will be bolted to a new Strange Engineering S60 rear and axle assembly with a Tru-Trac 3.54 posi-traction differential.

Once Humpty Dumpty is put back together again, it's off to the chasis dyno for some carb and other tuning. We're pretty hopeful for 550+ HP and TQ numbers.

I'll keep you all posted.

Thanks, John.

JJRJR

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Still married?? Of course. LOL. That's an MSD distributor. Went with Comp Cams hydraulic roller set up with a custom grind to give plenty of vacuum.

Should be back on the road in a couple months. Been hearing bad stuff about the Tremec 2nd to 3rd shift, but too late for me I guess. Not sure if they've solved that problem yet.

chapdog105

Reaction score
Awesome build! You'll love that Strage S60. I went with one in my convertible, with the 3.73 ratio.

JJRJR

Reaction score
Thanks man, I can't wait to get her back. Really looking forward to it.

moparchris

Reaction score
That does look like a ringer for sure. I bet you will have a big smile on your face the first time you let it eat.

Back