• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pistol Grip

Dusty

Reaction score
I am in the process of restoring a 69 RR and would really like to put a pistol grip. I do have a bench seat. Any help or direction would be appreciated.

Thank you

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
So was it column shift before. If so you will have to put the shift hump in the floor pan. That is if it is not their. Was the car a standard or Automatic. So what is the trannie. Yea you can get the shifter on classic industries or Tony's. I got my console shifter their at Tony's. Got the four speed shift to go on an A833 Manual off e bay. Post some pic's of what your doing. :)

Dusty

Reaction score
So was it column shift before. If so you will have to put the shift hump in the floor pan. That is if it is not their. Was the car a standard or Automatic. So what is the trannie. Yea you can get the shifter on classic industries or Tony's. I got my console shifter their at Tony's. Got the four speed shift to go on an A833 Manual off e bay. Post some pic's of what your doing. :)
It’s a orginial 4 speed car with a bench seat.
Yes I need to post a few pictures I have been lurking long enough
Thanks

Dusty

Reaction score
First picture is how I found it, completely dissasembled and a unorganized mess. I have known and seen the car for many years so looking forward to bringing the bird back to life once again. Bottom picture was just last week. The car is now lowered, disc brakes on all for corners, power steering and will have a the original 383 completely rebuilt (which is already done). Lot more work to do but getting closer
Thanks and might have a few questions for you from time to time

B5444FA1-3E87-4754-9ACB-3F48D70C52E4.jpeg

60D95FFE-A473-4063-91C0-C6B30A0BF24A.jpeg

Dusty

Reaction score
Thanks
The guy that I purchased the car from who had it for many many years and never did drive it had the engine rebuilt.
The guy that did it was Twig Ziegler who had a business in Pendleton and was also a funny car racer back in the day. What he did to it unfortunately I have no idea. It was stored correctly and going to check everything out, new gaskets, etc....
Noticed you are from PNW
I live in Joseph, Or

HD539

Reaction score
Very nice, Joseph is a nice town. I live in pasco Washington. We’ll have too get together sometime.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
She looks really good. How far along are you with the car. Trying to get the shell painted on the one I have.

Dusty

Reaction score
Putting everything back together now. I am concentrating on interior parts and pieces now.
I will post more pictures when more headway is made

Thanks

djais1801

Reaction score
I believe you'll need a 71 bench seat 4spd shifter. This would have the short throw so your knuckles won't hit the dashboard going into 3rd.

Last edited:
Back