• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pistons Are In

metalstorm

Reaction score
I bet those Hemi pistons weigh a bunch unlike the wedge stuff.I watched Dave Koffel build a bunch of Hemi stuff at his garage and those are a whole new animal.

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
i was over there yesterday and his wife was dropping off 3 blocks in albany ny.....she was picking up mine and the new pistons.....will have to go over in the morning and check it out

metalstorm

Reaction score
Looking at the parts can be a motivator even if they don't make noise yet.I had my blower on the living room tabe for 8 months before it got put on.

george68hemirr

Reaction score
PISTONS ARE IN.....ASKED HOW MUCH....ALMOST SHIT MY SELF......1600.00 WITH PINS AND RINGS....OUCH....11.5 TO 1 COMPRESSION....diamond pistons

#1&#5 cam bearings looked like crap......pistons where just ever so slightly just tapping the heads....have to bring him the new cometic head gaskets monday so he can slightly chamfer heads for clearance

he was showing me my valve guides.....when forhemisonly custom ported and polished them he coned the end of the valve guides .....some chipped right on the ends by the valves......hes going to replace them

IMG_0961.jpg

IMG_0963.jpg

IMG_0962.jpg

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
refer to your sig pic......not cheap to be able to do that.....

pinkpanthr

Reaction score
The money won't hurt near as much just as soon as the radio starts playing sweet sweet music through the speakers under the rear bumper!

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Progress is good Georgie, besides if I had all your money I'd throw mine away LOL

Last edited:

zupanj

Reaction score
Good luck to you and Dutch. I am not near as exotic as you guys but I was shocked at how much money I could throw at my hemi project. In fact I ended up keeping my 23 spline tranny and 8 3/4 rear because I had to stop the bleeding somewhere. I only drive on the street so far and both have held up fine to this point.

george68hemirr

Reaction score
my wife cracks me up.......well George she says......if you didn't floor it every time you drive it this would've happened.....she just don"t understand....lol

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
ain't no sense to have a car like that and not enjoy it to the fullest!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
we were leaving a local show once, and I tried to do a burn out. failed miserbly. The Boss looked at me and said If you're going to do that, do it right. yes mam, backed up and dig a nice one.

george68hemirr

Reaction score
well engine guy called for parts i have....oil pan/gaskets...etc......he finally is working on it.....so he says you...you ready for the bad news.....oh shit here we go.....hes says the new diamond pistons are 100 grams lighter then the je pistons....with the pins which are heavier with the diamonds......he has to lighten up the crank 100 grams.....so thats going on tomorrow.....he installed the cam bearings by heating up the block and adding blue loctight....cam is in and he needed gaskets for timing cover and oil pan gaskets......looks like i should get her back before the end of the year.....good thing i wasnt in a rush:brickwall:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
guess we can take both our cars out for some fun in the snow....

Back