• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please point me in the right direction

beepbeepbill

Reaction score
I went for a cruise tonight. while going down the road the headlights/dashboard lights dimmed and she started missing. After a bit the headlights/dashboard lights came back bright and the missing stopped. This happened several times and there were no common issues, IE bumps, turn signals on, any gear, etc.etc. It would happen while cruising, one time while coasting to a stop sign, and even while accelerating. Battery is new and charged fully.

Battery cables are tight and since it is new, very clean... Grounding issue?

:george:
Bill

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
yes check your grounds and your bulkhead connection on the firewall.....clean them and use Dielectric Grease on them before you put it back together.....also look at your fusebox to see if things are looking melted

sam z

Reaction score
If you noticed your ammeter needle bouncing around too check the post on the back of the alternator and snug it if loose. Happened to me last year, 5 second fix.

beepbeepbill

Reaction score
Ok, I know this sounds stupid... but where is the fuse box supposed to be?? I have looked under the dash on the drivers side as well as the passenger side... don't see one.

I am coming across several loose connections and some "interesting" wiring choices the previous owner/s have done. It might be easier to do a complete re-wiring... lol.

After talking with the owner I bought it from, it is obvious that he had other people do the work and knows very little about the car he sold me..... :brickwall:

The last time I worked on a car of this age was when I restored a 64 GTO back about 22 years ago. Its fun (read frustrating) to work on one that has been "adjusted" from the original. But it does keep me in the shop and out of Pool Halls, and the wife likes that.

Bill

A31PKG

Reaction score
In the glove box.... actually it is mounted behind it, but you gain access to it through a little door in the glove box liner that is held down with a screw.

beepbeepbill

Reaction score
A31PKG said:
In the glove box.... actually it is mounted behind it, but you gain access to it through a little door in the glove box liner that is held down with a screw.

LOL of course it is, why didn't I think of that...

Thanks
Bill

red 69 runner

Reaction score
I just reBeepBeep001-1.jpgplaced my main dash harness with M&H's harness that you have to buy from Year One.$500.00 but well worth it looks exactly like the original complete from the fuse block to he bulkhead connector.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
red 69 runner said:
I just replaced my main dash harness with M&H's harness that you have to buy from Year One.$500.00 but well worth it looks exactly like the original complete from the fuse block to he bulkhead connector.

Bambi's underdash wiring harness looks like it was attacked by a Comanche Warrior. I'm planning on doing the same when I get to that point. :cheers:

Back