• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Poll question; Automatic or 4-speed?

outlet1265

Reaction score
Hi,
I am building a 69 Roadrunner 383, this will be a complete rotisserie restoration. The last guy finished all the metal work, including a full floor with a 4-speed hump. This was an automatic car and I have the numbers matching 727 and 383. This car has most all original pieces. I plan to finish it and sell it in the spring.
My question is; If you were the buyer, would you prefer A) completely original with the auto trans installed B) completely original except 4-speed conversion, numbers matching 727 included.. Would you expect to pay more or less with option B?
Thanks

V.R.D

Reaction score
it will have a better resale price with number matching to all people not just a guy looking for a runner j m o

i like modified street car's my self i.e wheels tires headers re-curve dizzy re-jet the carb add a real sun tack manual gauges you know the normal up-grade's

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Original is the best bet it think for resale. If you where going to keep it then changing up thing's to your taste is what I would do. Mine came with the auto 727 and a real bad floor shifter. It was a four speed car so put it back with console and bucket seat's. But it would have had the bench seat and floor shifter. Give us some pic's of how it is going on the restore. Best of luck.

TOMRR

Reaction score
If you plan on keeping it I would build it the way I wanted it. That just me. I agree Original would be best for resale !!

Back