• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Polygraphite Sway Bar Bushings ON!!!

Smokngun

Reaction score
VICTORY!!! After several ideas and attempts, i finally got the polygraphite sway bar bushings/brackets on the sway bar!

10412026_1464397477115924_5575623999124552338_n.jpg

10412026_1464397477115924_5575623999124552338_n.jpg

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I pushed mine threw with silicon spray what a job that was. How did you do it.

Smokngun

Reaction score
What finally worked (and it was still a pain) was the following:

Open a beer, set aside for now.

Insert bushings into brackets

Throw bushing/bracket assembly into ice cream bucket of boiling soapy water, let them get HOT to 'soften' them up (lol, soft being a relative term.)

Drill 1.25" hole through a section of 2x4. This will serve as clearance for the end of the sway bar to exit the other side of the bushing

Heavily grease the ridiculously oversize sway bar end that has to fit through the birth canal (ie: sway bar bushing)

Take bushing/bracket assembly out of steaming hot soapy water. Do this with a hook/screwdriver to not burn your hand (yes, THAT hot)

Set it with the exit side down on the board centered over the hole you drilled. MAKE SURE you are putting it on the right way. Triple check this because once it's on you will kick yourself because you put it on backwards. After triple checking position of bushing/bracket, double check it again.

Put the bushing/bracket back in the boiling hot water because it has now cooled off from quintuple checking the position.

Set the bushing/bracket exit side down (again) on the board over the hole you drilled.

With all your strength and weight press the sway bar down against the birth canal opening, working the end back and forth into the bushing.

Once it pops through (and the bushing did not come out of the bracket, drink half your beer.

Repeat for the other side.

droptop

Reaction score
If you only had time for one beer, your not letting them sit in the hot water long enough. I estimate this to be al least a 6 beer job.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
If you only had time for one beer, your not letting them sit in the hot water long enough. I estimate this to be al least a 6 beer job.

As long as all that beer doesn't make you forget what your trying to do!!!!

moparmonk

Reaction score
LOL! After your 6 beers, AND installing them backwards, now remove K-frame. Turn K frame 180 degrees and bolt back in. Reinstall the sway bar and it will be placed behind the engine. It makes all new cars handle better right? OOOPS. Sorry I started this and got stumpted on step one!

Back