• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Coupe Chrome Trim?

BBillyC

Reaction score
Yes there was an optional chrome pillar. I have them on mine and the ebay pic attached looks just like em. you'll see on the attached photo. It slides over the pillar and is held on by the two chrome (stainless steel) moldings.

IMG_2350.jpg

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
i also have them on my 68.....i also have a decor package which i think this is why i have them and the rear decklid cover

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
I have always seen them on cars with the deluxe interior. Have seen them added to cars that had the standard gut. Owner's said they added them when i asked if it were OEM as i hadn't seen a standard interior car with them.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Part of the A87 Road Runner Decor Package. That coupe option also got you the upgraded Satellite (RR Hardtop) interior and the chrome exhaust tips.

Lots of guys like the look so they add them to the car. I think I've seen them added to so many non-A87 cars that I now actually prefer the coupes without them...just to be different...

moparstuart

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Part of the A87 Road Runner Decor Package. That coupe option also got you the upgraded Satellite (RR Hardtop) interior and the chrome exhaust tips.

Lots of guys like the look so they add them to the car. I think I've seen them added to so many non-A87 cars that I now actually prefer the coupes without them...just to be different...
hard tops are better we dont need no stinkin posts :acme: :hack:

glhcarl

Reaction score
Ray is correct, the bright B piller was available only with the A87 Decor Package. My current car has them (and the package) but the car I ordered in 1969 did not have them or the package. I liked the look of the body color on the piller.

Back