• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post what wheel dressing your 383 RR shipped with?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
11 = Deluxe wheel covers
5 = painted wheels
The steel wheel came two ways, painted body color for poverty caps like mine or black for full wheel covers thus the X9 on your sheet.

Rapid Transit

Just A Traveler In Time
Reaction score
11 = Deluxe wheel covers
5 = painted wheels
The steel wheel came two ways, painted body color for poverty caps like mine or black for full wheel covers thus the X9 on your sheet.

When I find out what the wheel covers looked like I'll try and find some.:thankyou:

Rapid Transit

Just A Traveler In Time
Reaction score
11 = Deluxe wheel covers
5 = painted wheels

My broadcast vehicle order number is 6 03 482215
Would these rims be correctly dated for my car?
I'm thinking not.
I would need something earlier if I'm assuming correctly.
I can only assume that is 1969 June on the rims.
Deluxe wheel covers are throwing me a curve.

Thanks for the help.

I did find this.
Wow.
Who knew?

Last edited:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Well it should be a dog dish style with Plymouth stamped on them. If you look in the PDF in information. Should see it. I have a classic industries book and it also shows from 69-70 the same ones. You can surf the web and look in classic industries. Hope this will help ya. :)

Rapid Transit

Just A Traveler In Time
Reaction score
Well it should be a dog dish style with Plymouth stamped on them. If you look in the PDF in information. Should see it. I have a classic industries book and it also shows from 69-70 the same ones. You can surf the web and look in classic industries. Hope this will help ya. :)

The only thing from Chrysler I have been able to find is this.
delux wheel covers.jpg

It shows a true "wheel cover".
But I do see it is 1968
This begs the question for 1969.
Would Chrysler have used a dog dish "hub cap" for a deluxe wheel cover option?

From the Classic Industries catalog like you said.
https://www.classicindustries.com/product/1970/plymouth/superbird/parts/md2309.html

Last edited:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Yes if it was a steel rim. Look into classic industry Rims. Magnum rims would be the step up from the steel rims. If you look at page 242 and 243 in the classic book. Page 403 in the wheel section and see the dog dish hubcaps. Good luck

69Hurstsc

Reaction score
The only thing from Chrysler I have been able to find is this.
View attachment 26885

It shows a true "wheel cover".
But I do see it is 1968
This begs the question for 1969.
Would Chrysler have used a dog dish "hub cap" for a deluxe wheel cover option?

From the Classic Industries catalog like you said.
https://www.classicindustries.com/product/1970/plymouth/superbird/parts/md2309.html

Your car had the Sport Wheel Covers, code "58". Deluxe Wheel Covers, by name, referred to the the covers only offered to the Belvedere and Satellite model. Even window stickers refer to Sport Wheel Covers on the Road Runner as Deluxe Wheel Covers. The codes tell the true story on how the car was ordered.

Back