• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

power brake issue

paulv

Reaction score
Good day I have a 68 rr 383 coupe # matching car , 4 speed with power brakes ( drum). I've had the car for 30 years, yes I am old! HA HA. Okay last year I replaced a very old master brake cylinder. Yes I still have the original I think. Did it for safety only. I bled the new NAPA one, it, bled all 4 brakes really good, and put it away for the winter. This year I noticed when I apply the brakes, their is a delay when I take my foot off the brake. Its almost like the brakes are still applied and their not. I have seen forums where a big duration cam can cause a loss of vacuum. But this is a different situation. The cam in it is the old hemi grind cam 280 280 474 lift. This is slightly higher that the stock road runner cam. Its never been an issue till after I did the brakes. Any old timers out their can lend me some advice? I do have the original shop manual so that wont be an issue. Should I have bled the power brake booster? Thanks to All. Oh yes the mileage is 58098. A survivor car unrestored.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Good to here of an untouched runner. Maybe some air worked it's way up to your new master cylinder. It dose not take much to give you a problem. Might check to see if the power brake booster has a leak. Have taken them apart and had to replace the diaphragm before. They get old also. Just a few thought's. Let's see some pic's of that bird. Paulv. :thumbsup:

Back