• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Power Tool Question

zupanj

Reaction score
I have seen these tools that look like a cordless drill that are used to remove lug nuts from the wheel of a car. I don't know what they are called nor where to look for them. Would these be at Sears or Home Depot type places? My local Sears is closing and are having a sale this weekend so I thought I would like to pick up one of these tools.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Electric impact wrench has gone cordless. Sears should have one Jack

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I recently picked up a DeWalt 18 volt cordless 1/2 drive impact gun. after having the blown tire on my trailer going to Carlisle I thought it might make changing a tire on the road a bit easier. I've only used it a few times changing tires on my trailer and it seems ok. The first time I used it it wouldn't loosen the lugs by itself and I had to get them loose with a breaker bar, but then my air gun has that problem too once in a while! And that first time I found that it also wouldn't completely tighten the nuts, I also had to finish them by hand. It was better the second time I used it. I checked the tightness by hand and it was fine. Maybe the problem was the model I chose, it's the DC 820. It has a short body so it may be under powered.

Back