• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pro Street Road Kill?

railrider

Reaction score
Looks like $h!t to me. Too low, too much junk on it. I can see some mods but this things smells! :puke:

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
Said over 4000 hrs. into the car.

I agree over 4000 wasted hours :puke: :puke:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
For what it is its alright, he left the body exterior pretty much alone in appearance but I don't like the big wheels. All that work the clean everything up and the slave cylinders under foot look like $hit in my opinion. :cents:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
:puke: :puke: :puke: that ALMOST makes the Year One runner look good.......almost that ls...... :puke: /color]

moparstuart

Reaction score
I have seen the car in person , although like all of u its not my cup of tea , the car is very well and a quality build . Everything is clean and very well done . The saw tooth blade rotors are really awesome in person and the car constantly drew a huge crowd .

ignore the fat guy in the reflection and look no shoes :jester:

P9260161fat guy.JPG

P9260165ftyy.JPG

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Though it looks to be well built it's not my cup of tea. Its not a Road Runner anymore, its just the shell of any ol' '69 b body Plymouth!

chapdog105

Reaction score
How many classic cars are sitting in fields, barns, and garages with no hope of ever being restored?
They'll rust and rot away to nothing, and no one will ever enjoy or see them again. When this is the case, no one really cares...

While I would never, and could never pay that kind of money for any car, I think it's a cool car.
I look at this car and respect the time, money, and individuality that was put into the car.

Maybe I'm too new school, but I like when people step outside of the box and make a car something unique.

railrider

Reaction score
OK, I guess he gets an A+ for effort, but I like tasteful mods myself. This is a little over board. I know I started the larger wheel post but I really don't like much about this car. However not everyone likes George Barris' Batmobile either. This Rod Runner is more Batmobile than Road Runner now if that makes sense. :drive:

The only real positive thing I can say is this car will get more attention and bring in new Enthusiasts because its so wild.

KGrHqQOKiE5L6M2reTBOdVDlJQL60_3.jpg

moparchris

Reaction score
You know from the outside it looks good. Stance is good, and a black Road Runner is always hot. Here are some of the fine points. Tail stripe? WTF, why does every ding dong street rod builder have to put a (dodge) bumble stripe on anything with a pentastar? Second, a tube chassis Road Runner is cool in theory but even a tube chassis Road Runner drag car is nothing like a real one and when you sit in one it might as well be a Formula 1 car. About as much in common. Saw tooth rotors? Cool to look at but I bet they stop worse than worn out drum brakes, way too little surface area, but the arguement is "well its a hardcore tube chassis car built for handling" not with that crap (big wheels, saw tooth rotors) on it. Welcome to street rods. The guys who were into model As and Ts were pissed when the foose/boyd/whoever crowd started to molest their beloved hobby, well now its our turn. :facepalm:

mannye

Reaction score
It's not really Pro-Street though is it? I thought that meant a drag car that was barely street legal and built more for show than go. I remember in the late 80's a Nova with two turbos feeding a blower that was really more of a wild design exercise than a viable race car, like most Pro-Street vehicles. Those skinny tires on the back won't hook up in a million years. Handling? Forget about it.

I see it as a display of various design ideas you might want to put into resto-modding say a Belvedere or Satellite. I can see a really cool daily driver with 17 inch versions of those rims sporting those insanely cool sawtooth discs. I am not a big fan of the exposed reservoirs on the foot pedals, but it's his money and maybe he likes the steampunk aspect of it...whatever. Fit and finish is good too...

But if I wanted to spend 200 large on a car that will spend all it's time either in the garage, on a trailer or at the mechanic I would buy a Ferrari.

sam z

Reaction score
Ok...a lot of money, time, whatever. Congratulations. Not for me. I'm not much into hot rods or
pro street in any sense, especially this one.

Back