Pulling into the final stretch before paint

Projects

1. Zizzinator

Zizzinator Member

May 26, 2020
    5 years... 5 long damn years. 5 years, 3 restoration shops, 2 shells, a donor body, and almost a full year doing it myself and she's finally almost ready for final paint.

All that's left is to wait for the store to match the color samples I gave them, clean the garage and booth spotless, mask the shell, and pray for a "cold" night in August.

She's in grey sealer atm and aside from 1 or 2 tiny spots on the passenger side quarter panel the overall lines and finish came out a helluva lot better than I expected.

I also ended up making some "photoshopped" pics with color to plan out the underside masking (the ones with the craptastic orange shading). Decided doing the orange all under the car would end up looking like crap as it got dirty and chipped from road debris. opted for the eastwood ceramic chassis black and will probly follow that up with a high strength clear just to give it that little extra protection from the poor quality roads in my area. the satin finish also did a good job of smoothing out the surface wrinkles and imperfections of the factory welded areas.

Hard to get beauty shots in the booth so apologies for the cock-eyed angles and tilted perspectives. When the temps drop tonight I'll snag some pics of the finished underside.
    KIMG1626.JPG KIMG1629.JPG KIMG1630.JPG KIMG1631.JPG KIMG1633.JPG
    KIMG1624.png KIMG1631.png KIMG1632.png

2. Russ69Runner

Russ69Runner Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2016
    Your getting their. I feel you pain on the amount of time we have to put into these car's. Yes start a photo garage. I got at least that much time in this runner. But now sitting on wheels and getting to bolt thing's on sure will make you feel better about the time you have invested. Good job don't give up the ship so they say. Keep us posted on the progress. Zizzinator. :thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

3. dodgey68

dodgey68 Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2019
    wow,, nice, more pics please
    ,i got a running driving roady , drove it home after purchasing it, noticed an issue, put it up on hoist, cut some rust out and thats as far as i gotton, 18 months so far,,, dam pisses me off, not time ,, fixing everyone elses car but not mine,

Russ69Runner likes this.
  4. roadrunnerbob

roadrunnerbob Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2018
    looking great i have 2 years in mine almost got the medal work done

Russ69Runner likes this.
  5. roadrunninMark

roadrunninMark Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2011
    I hear you... mine came off the road in 93..... 2 paint shops, moved a number of times, career changes, etc.. In the shop now that she will be finished in, hoping Oct.! Hang in there :)

Russ69Runner likes this.