• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Put my Stock Shifter back in.

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Put my original shifter back in the car yesterday, then drove to the local rootbeer stand for supper. About a 20 mile 1-way trip. Farthest I've been on the new engine. Trip went great, MSD didn't miss a beat......Pulled up to a stop light and a 69 Camaro pulled up next to me.........MAMMA wouldn't let me play........ :lol: Car did very well......... :banana:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
That's great Gary. :thumbsup: Doesn't it feel good when you finally get the problems fixed and the car works the way you want it to!!!!? :drive:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Ray, I had 3 issues........#1 was because it was way too easy to power shift.......me thinks engine will last longer now...#2 I had to lean forward to shift............#3 People thought it was an automatic and I didn't want people to think it was a girly car......... :lmao:

A31PKG

Reaction score
Had a v-gate in my daily driver '70 AMX back in the day...THE most UN-FUN street shifter...period! I used to have to wrap my fingers with tape because of the blisters...Give me the ol' simulated woodgrain ball ANY day!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
Put my original shifter back in the car yesterday, then drove to the local rootbeer stand for supper. About a 20 mile 1-way trip. Farthest I've been on the new engine. quote]

:red2: :red2: :red2: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: (I took pics of my last hamburger cruise...) glad you finally got to driver it. :thumbsup:

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
I have found the Comp Plus shifter to be a better option than the stocker. Looks stock to most, but the shape is much better IMO.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I like the look of the Comp Plus over the stocker...but I'd just about kill to have another Pistol Grip.

Back